Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Housing bubble in Australia

Housing bubble in Australia

Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:41 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Housing bubble in Australia

Originally Posted by swigski
So by showing figures in a different order, you are not manipulating them?
Not in the way that you are trying to say it..., and you know it...

You really believe that showing April before March is classed as manipulating figures ?
The figures never changed.... everything you saw was accurate (at least according to RP Data)

Can you really not see what those graphs were showing ?
Or perhaps you can ? ...

Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that a lot of this thread is being taken up both questioning and posting alternative figures to Dodgy Stat Man!
Play the game Taber!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:06 am
ABCDiamond

No matter what the house prices are, the bottom line is HOW MUCH the first home buyers are having to spend to buy a house.

The averages Mortgages for First Home Buyers have been:

Jan-Dec 2007 $257,693
Jan-Dec 2008 $267,054
Jan-Dec 2009 $292,734

Source: Australia Bureau of Statistics 5609.0 Housing Finance Table 9b. Original.

The rest of us can stick with what we have, or upgrade if we have the extra funds to do so.

Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:28 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay. Here some posting stats.

swigski 16.32%
ABCDiamond 24.90%
MartinLuther 6.22%
Amazulu 1.80%

Oh bugger. Those are all wrong now I've posted this.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:53 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You do really have a problem now don't you. Getting personal...
Is that paranoia starting to settle in? How do you know I was referring to you?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:10 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Not in the way that you are trying to say it..., and you know it...

You really believe that showing April before March is classed as manipulating figures ?
The figures never changed.... everything you saw was accurate (at least according to RP Data)

Can you really not see what those graphs were showing ?
Or perhaps you can ? ...
That is just an example and don't waste your time or mine by asking me to give futher examples. They have ALL been highlighted before!

I can see exactly what all your graphs,charts and figures are showing!

When you source figures and then change the way they are presented, of course that is manipulating.

Do you do this on your own website??

Or do you just select from those the figures that just best present your view?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Play the game Taber!
Oh I am playing the game and enjoying every minute of it!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am playing the game and enjoying every minute of it!
Are you two husband & wife by any chance
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by eugene43
Are you two husband & wife by any chance

Only a bit of fun! Just love the banter!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Only a bit of fun! Just love the banter!
so there is no sex just platonic ?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Please correct my spelling
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:23 pm
Banned

Please correct my spelling
don't you mean smelling?

Last edited by swigski; Mar 5th 2010 at 10:25 pm. Reason: add
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:26 pm
Banned

Still at the 4play stage. There is a lot of tension.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Still at the 4play stage. There is a lot of tension.
There is of course a housing bubble in Australia. If you compare the cost of renting with the cost of buying there is a serious disconnect. People are valuing homes far higher than the housing utility they provide. I'm not too bothered getting involved in this debate because I had three hard years debating against vested interests in Ireland until I was proved right.

I don't really care about the Australian housing bubble, it will burst in it's own good time and I'll be sure to be far removed from the fallout. The vested interests in Australia are better organised and the government believes that they can keep the bubble going indefinitely through measures like negative gearing and removing restrictions on foreign investment but history has proven time and time again internationally that governments cannot do this forever. Human behaviour is far too complex and any shock can turn consumer sentiment. I've seen what it did to my own country over the last 18 months or so. Irish people getting suckered into the Aussie property bubble get no sympathy from me. Fool me once, shame on me...

Last edited by Steve2009; Mar 6th 2010 at 12:50 am.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:36 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who predicts a housing bubble bursting will eventually be right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.