Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Houses, has anyone gone down this route

Houses, has anyone gone down this route

Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Houses, has anyone gone down this route

Just been looking to see what the housing market is like and noticed you can buy land and get your house built on from the same company.
Looks quite good but wondered if anyone else has gone down this route?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Houses, has anyone gone down this route

Originally Posted by kevinm
Just been looking to see what the housing market is like and noticed you can buy land and get your house built on from the same company.
Looks quite good but wondered if anyone else has gone down this route?
In my experience, which IS limited, I see companies selling land, and they could quite easily put you in touch with no doubt several building companies who could build you a house!

Not sure I see many offering both, apart from 'Land & House' packages.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jim2004
In my experience, which IS limited, I see companies selling land, and they could quite easily put you in touch with no doubt several building companies who could build you a house!

Not sure I see many offering both, apart from 'Land & House' packages.
The one I have seen is AVJennings. Look fairly resonable.
Ive also heard its better if you own a house before you move for some tax reaosns ?
Ive seen a couple of new hsow homes that have 18 months lease back. This looks quite promising.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinm
Ive also heard its better if you own a house before you move for some tax reaosns ?
I have to be honest and have heard nothing about this, altho sounds interesting!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

When we did a reccie in SA last year - there was massive housing estate going up where the builders were dong the 'land & building package', you were quite restricted to the choice of land tho
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy
When we did a reccie in SA last year - there was massive housing estate going up where the builders were dong the 'land & building package', you were quite restricted to the choice of land tho
Yeah and size too I think. 600m plots of land was the norm, and with a fair sized house, there wasn't much room left for a pool! ...