Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another delay on the house

Another delay on the house

Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:33 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another delay on the house

This time we don't mind too much though as at least we seem to all be agreeing on a date.

Taking the bull by the horns, we went around to our buyers this morning and also had a chat with the senior partner at the solicitors. And we have all agreed in principle that we will exchange this week and complete next Friday (16th). We need to check that the other end of the chain and their solictors are okay with this but finally it seems we have more that just aspirations and half-truths to go on. IF it goes to plan then it will be a massive relief.

The delay is working out quite well really as:

*Crown were fine that we rearranged them for the 4th time at only 3 days notice this time
*homes for the cats fell through at the last moment but we think we have found them somewhere nice to go to from tonight (last night I was going to take them with us after all rather than let the RSPCA have them and possibly put them down)
*I got an extra 2 weeks pay by working longer
*one week less staying with the parents

The only down side is our daughter might end up staying with my parents for 4 weeks without seeing us. So we are now planning on a few days away to "visit" our own daughter.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:41 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another delay on the house

Hope it all works out
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
This time we don't mind too much though as at least we seem to all be agreeing on a date.

Taking the bull by the horns, we went around to our buyers this morning and also had a chat with the senior partner at the solicitors. And we have all agreed in principle that we will exchange this week and complete next Friday (16th). We need to check that the other end of the chain and their solictors are okay with this but finally it seems we have more that just aspirations and half-truths to go on. IF it goes to plan then it will be a massive relief.

*Crown were fine that we rearranged them for the 4th time at only 3 days notice this time
*homes for the cats fell through at the last moment but we think we have found them somewhere nice to go to from tonight (last night I was going to take them with us after all rather than let the RSPCA have them and possibly put them down)

The only down side is our daughter might end up staying with my parents for 4 weeks without seeing us. So we are now planning on a few days away to "visit" our own daughter.

good luck hope it all goes well keep your chin up sent k

jan & gaz xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:41 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it all works out

Kris xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The trials and tribulation of the emigration process. Good luck we hope it goes smoothly for you
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:16 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are finally getting there Fingers crossed for you worzel,
Shame you didn't make the meet in Northampton on Sat it was great there were some really nice people there, and you were mentioned and we all hoped you would be getting some positive news... Good luck
Jane x