Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Household Bills !!!!

Household Bills !!!!

Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Household Bills !!!!

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I bet you thought my food bill was low then

].
$126 for three people is still cheaper than mine at $140. ( $140 shop for me is an average - my bill is more like $150 to $160 just for two adults, more often than not - $140 for us is a good week)

Figures off the top of my head when it comes to shopping, so are not exact costs:
Bread ( UP brand) ..................................$3
washing powder ( Dynamo,1.5kg) ................$6.99
Fabric softener.........................................$ 4.00 ( couple of refillable packs)
Nescafe coffee jar ( usually buy the big tins , but if weekly jars)..$ 9.00 ( some weeks $7.99 etc - average $9)
tomatoes......6.99 ( vine ripened, don't like the cheap ones - tasteless)
potatoes....5.00 ( usually buy a 3 kilo bag etc - price varies - $5 /4.99 is average)
onions ...3.00 ( average)
bog roll 4.00 ( big multi pack $8 - hubby's fault lol lasts about two weeks)
bleach...2,00
cat food..$3.00 ( 6 tins generic brand at 50 cents per tin)
posh cat food ..$1.60 ( two small tins at 75c to 80c- for treats, dine etc)
cat dried food..$4.00
cat litter tray grit....$5.00

All that above comes to $57.58, and that is just the basics, I haven't even started on the food ( bar the tomatoes, potatoes and onions) - my cupboards are still bare
I'm left with $82,42 to get food

Below are loose averages ,and not exact costs, some could be 12.99 etc:

chunk of cold dead pig ( ham..)... $10
any bloody meat , steak etc, poor little dead lamb chops etc $10 ( very low average)
veggie ,non murdered animals bacon and sausages.$10
veggie nimbin cheese..$6
margarine...$4
eggs dozen( free range).$7 ( usually $6.99/$5.99 depending on week)
other veg total including cauliflower, beans , broccoli etc etc, sweet corn ..$15 ( loose average)
mushrooms .$ 5 ( maybe $4 - again loose average - per kilo they around 6.99/7.99)

The above comes to $67 plus the previous list 57.58 = $124 , now I'm left with $16 out of my quoted $140

whoo hoo $16 to spare . Doh - I haven't bought any fish,, sauces etc , shampoo/soap or tinned food yet, , or any crisps etc

fish - $10 - sometimes more, depending on fish
soft drinks, water - $6 ( call it $2 a bottle for Pepsi max, they're around $1.60, and four bottles of litre and half water at 50cents - they're actually 59/69 cents "homebrand" , I've rounded down on this one)

Total for all above = $140

I've just used up my $140 with out no probs at all without getting to the tinned aisle, sauces, breakfast cereal, shampoo and soap ( I'll smell this week lol) or crisp/snack aisle , or anything else I have forgotten
oops forgot toothpaste too - around $5/$6, and kitchen roll, and washing up pads/wipes and ..... etc etc, forgot my milk too.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 9th 2005 at 2:16 am.