Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a question on visas limits and form 47sk,etc

a question on visas limits and form 47sk,etc

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default a question on visas limits and form 47sk,etc

Firstly, got my skills assessment through and all is well,( i am a primary school teacher).

secondly, when i am filling in the form for general skilled migration 47sk, are there any other forms i need. just want to make sure that this form is correct for Skilled-Independent migration visa application,( i am emigrating with my partner) just making sure, as i feel there is something i am missing.

and lastly, is there a yearly quota of visas issued and if so, is there a particular start date and end date, for old and new visas issued.

thx lisas s .
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a question on visas limits and form 47sk,etc

Originally Posted by lisas
Firstly, got my skills assessment through and all is well,( i am a primary school teacher).

secondly, when i am filling in the form for general skilled migration 47sk, are there any other forms i need. just want to make sure that this form is correct for Skilled-Independent migration visa application,( i am emigrating with my partner) just making sure, as i feel there is something i am missing.

and lastly, is there a yearly quota of visas issued and if so, is there a particular start date and end date, for old and new visas issued.

thx lisas s .
Hi Lisa,
You certainly need 47SK, but as I didn't go for a Skills visa I'll let someone else advise you as to the other forms you need!

There is a yearly quota for each visa class, and it follows the Aussie financial year, so starts on July 1st, and runs till June 30th.

Hope this helps a bit

Polly
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a question on visas limits and form 47sk,etc

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Lisa,
You certainly need 47SK, but as I didn't go for a Skills visa I'll let someone else advise you as to the other forms you need!
Form 47SK is the one. Make sure you tick the right box on the first page (for Skilled Independent) as it's used for other visas too.

Have you done your NOOSR skill assessment?

There is a yearly quota for each visa class, and it follows the Aussie financial year, so starts on July 1st, and runs till June 30th.

Hope this helps a bit

Polly
However DIMIA set the requirements such that roughly, the number of eligible applicants equals the number of visas.

Jeremy