Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house sale: hope for all

house sale: hope for all

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:56 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default house sale: hope for all

We had a full offer on our house but it's a buyers market at the moment. Our buyers wanted to check the electrics, gas, and loft(unconverted). Wouldn't get a survey before these were looked at. :scared: They've just been round and found it all satisfactory. They left saying they are looking for a quick sale so our no chain house is perfect for them. And they've been ok'ed for a mortgage which all in all sounds like things are rolling. Hopefully be in Melbourne by Easter. for that drink Bordy.

So all you other house sellers out there, there is hope. Keep going and I hope it works out for you all in the end. I wouldn't wish the hassles we've had with house sellers on anyone...well, perhaps the last guy who pulled out on us just before Christmas

Take it easy

Carl

Going to bed now for the first time in 40 hours.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:30 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: house sale: hope for all

Originally Posted by fireeater
We had a full offer on our house but it's a buyers market at the moment. Our buyers wanted to check the electrics, gas, and loft(unconverted). Wouldn't get a survey before these were looked at. :scared: They've just been round and found it all satisfactory. They left saying they are looking for a quick sale so our no chain house is perfect for them. And they've been ok'ed for a mortgage which all in all sounds like things are rolling. Hopefully be in Melbourne by Easter. for that drink Bordy.

So all you other house sellers out there, there is hope. Keep going and I hope it works out for you all in the end. I wouldn't wish the hassles we've had with house sellers on anyone...well, perhaps the last guy who pulled out on us just before Christmas

Take it easy

Carl

Really pleased for you Carl & Caroline, our goes on the market end of March.

Fingers crossed

Stu
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

well done im really pleased for you,hope for us then, we put ours on the market next month,i hope we get just as lucky with a first time buyer

take care, tracey.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater

Take it easy

Carl

Brilliant news,
You couldn't send that luck to us after you have finished with it please

I think we will end up giving ours away.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 5:36 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dicko
Brilliant news,
You couldn't send that luck to us after you have finished with it please

I think we will end up giving ours away.
You can have all the luck I've got to give. We've had buyers who have pulled out. Pulled the price down. Even offering to throw some furniture in with the price. Anything. I know what desperation is. But keep thinking how worth it it will be when it all works out and your sitting on a sunny beach chilling after work.

Best wishes to all house sellers

Carl
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:11 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=fireeater]We had a full offer on our house but it's a buyers market at the moment. Our buyers wanted to check the electrics, gas, and loft(unconverted). Wouldn't get a survey before these were looked at. :scared: They've just been round and found it all satisfactory. They left saying they are looking for a quick sale so our no chain house is perfect for them. And they've been ok'ed for a mortgage which all in all sounds like things are rolling. Hopefully be in Melbourne by Easter. for that drink Bordy.

Take it easy

Carl

Hi Carl,

Excellent news about your house sale. Hope it all goes through smoothly and quickly!

We have a buyer again and we are on tender-hooks waiting for it all to go through and we've had buyers pull out previously etc - so we know how stressful it all is!!!!!

Good luck!

Shell
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

We have been struggling ourselves. Have had 2 viewings since new year and one tomorrow, so things are picking up a little. I just wish the papers and the news would stop talking about it. Let it runs its course on its own.

Please could you all pray for my last viewers, they absolutely loved our house and would have put an offer in the day they viewed, but they are just waiting on a job offer for the husband. Best bit is they have no house to sell, it would be dream come true. Send them good luck for the job.

Cheers Jo
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by joho
We have been struggling ourselves. Have had 2 viewings since new year and one tomorrow, so things are picking up a little. I just wish the papers and the news would stop talking about it. Let it runs its course on its own.

Please could you all pray for my last viewers, they absolutely loved our house and would have put an offer in the day they viewed, but they are just waiting on a job offer for the husband. Best bit is they have no house to sell, it would be dream come true. Send them good luck for the job.

Cheers Jo
Will be thinking of you, and hoping that it all comes together sooner than later. May even go to the Rugby Tavern by the clock tower, next time I'm down that way to drink to your good luck.

And, of course, to all other house sellers.

Carl