Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your favorite airline

Your favorite airline

Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:18 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your favorite airline

Im curious to find out which airlines you guys are using when traveling to australia....Ive done the trip 13 times with qantas and one time with emirates....I dont mind qantas at all to be honest....surely there are better airlines with better service but at the end of the day the most important issue for me is that I get there safe (I know that most of the other airlines are safe too)....plus Im lucky enough to fly business class all the time as I got a very special deal with qantas....
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:45 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your favorite airline

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Im curious to find out which airlines you guys are using when traveling to australia....Ive done the trip 13 times with qantas and one time with emirates....I dont mind qantas at all to be honest....surely there are better airlines with better service but at the end of the day the most important issue for me is that I get there safe (I know that most of the other airlines are safe too)....plus Im lucky enough to fly business class all the time as I got a very special deal with qantas....
AHHHH I have to put this bit in bt Virgin Atlantic now fly Heathrow to Sydney and if you are luckyenough to fly business then the seat you sit on will have been bought by me as I used to be a the Cabin interiors buyer for Upper Class. An my dad still works there so fly Virgin and keep me in freebie flights forever.
Ta
Kala
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:49 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JayDeee
AHHHH I have to put this bit in bt Virgin Atlantic now fly Heathrow to Sydney and if you are luckyenough to fly business then the seat you sit on will have been bought by me as I used to be a the Cabin interiors buyer for Upper Class. An my dad still works there so fly Virgin and keep me in freebie flights forever.
Ta
Kala
sorry mate, Im qantas staff myself :-)
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Without a doubt...

... Singapore Airlines. We've only done the journey twice; direct flight with Quantas back in 2000, it was OK, travelling with an 18 month old (we managed to get a skycot, which was a real life-saver); then with a 48 hour stopover in Singapore with Singapore Airlines in 2004.

SA rate well for foot-room in economy, and ohmigod, the food is great. And may I strongly recommend a stopover - firstly, you get to sleep on a proper bed, and secondly, it breaks the flight up in to more manageable chunks (13 hrs and 9 hrs, the way we did it). I imagine by now every airline has individual TVs in the backs of headrests with video-on-demand - such an improvement over what Quantas offered us 4 years previously, one screen on the bulkhead, and a fixed program of movies. At least with SA I got to see Kill Bill, The Last Samurai, Lost In Translation etc :-)

I will definitely be flying SA if^H^Hwhen we get our visas.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

sorry mate, Im qantas staff myself :-)
Qantas are Pretty good, very like BA in standards of service etc, I usually fly Virgin to HKG and then Qantas or Cathay from HKG to PER, preffer Cathay but that is purely down to the very nice mango ice cream they give you on the HKG-PER route, no difference in service. I obviously love the Virgin sector as I have been lucky enough to get upgraded every time.

At the end of the day it usually comes down to the crew, if they are misserable bunch then the flight will be crap and if they are a happy bunch the flight will be great.

Kala
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

another big thumbs up from me for singapore airlines.

jamie
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:00 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Qantas are Pretty good, very like BA in standards of service etc, I usually fly Virgin to HKG and then Qantas or Cathay from HKG to PER, preffer Cathay but that is purely down to the very nice mango ice cream they give you on the HKG-PER route, no difference in service. I obviously love the Virgin sector as I have been lucky enough to get upgraded every time.

At the end of the day it usually comes down to the crew, if they are misserable bunch then the flight will be crap and if they are a happy bunch the flight will be great.

Kala
To be honest, I dont really care about the crew onboard....all I want is some tucker, entertainment and thats about it....flying business class makes it like a walk in the park anyway....you can actually ENJOY the flight...not like in cattleclass
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Hey,

We have been with four different airlines now, and we reckon Singapore Airlines are the best of the lot. Can't fault them
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Without a doubt...

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel
I imagine by now every airline has individual TVs in the backs of headrests with video-on-demand - such an improvement over what Quantas offered us 4 years previously, one screen on the bulkhead, and a fixed program of movies. At least with SA I got to see Kill Bill, The Last Samurai, Lost In Translation etc :-)
Singapore Airline's ageing 747s are starting to show plenty of wear and tear. Many of the seat back screens weren't working on our Singapoe to London flight - including my wife's.

We've flown Emirates ans Singapore Airlines and from now on it's going to be Emirates only.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=MarkandJulie]Hey,

Before we emigrated we used to come over with Emirates we felt that their service and their planes in general were better than BA - who I thought we're the worst I have flown over with and SA - who are one of the better ones. When we emigrated we came via Hong Kong with Cathay and were not impressed so Emirates are still out in first place for us.

Lori & Andy
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:58 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Lori&Andy]
Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Hey,

Before we emigrated we used to come over with Emirates we felt that their service and their planes in general were better than BA - who I thought we're the worst I have flown over with and SA - who are one of the better ones. When we emigrated we came via Hong Kong with Cathay and were not impressed so Emirates are still out in first place for us.

Lori & Andy
I'm ringing round agents at the moment for quotes and I've been told that Air New Zealand are pretty good. Certainly good cost wise, but that ain't the be all and end all.

Anybody flown with Air NZ with comments on them?

Cheers,

Rob
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:00 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

BA Qantas have the lowest seat pitch and IMO the grumpiest cabin staff. Singapore and Cathay are the best 2 I have flown with. I am yet to fly emirates but I hear they have some luggage handling issues.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:02 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
BA Qantas have the lowest seat pitch and IMO the grumpiest cabin staff. Singapore and Cathay are the best 2 I have flown with. I am yet to fly emirates but I hear they have some luggage handling issues.
True, they lost every single stroller on out Gatwick - Dubai flight. well, for lost read "allowed to be stolen" - we got $300 compo though.

BP what's your excuse for being on xpats at 10am on Saturday? mine is it's still 7am.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
True, they lost every single stroller on out Gatwick - Dubai flight. well, for lost read "allowed to be stolen" - we got $300 compo though.

BP what's your excuse for being on xpats at 10am on Saturday? mine is it's still 7am.
Doing the chores. I only got up at 9am.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I'm ringing round agents at the moment for quotes and I've been told that Air New Zealand are pretty good. Certainly good cost wise, but that ain't the be all and end all.

Anybody flown with Air NZ with comments on them?

Cheers,

Rob
We flew Brisbane-Auckland & Auckland-San Fransisco in June. Their long haul 747-400 planes are knackered, interiors are falling to bits & no seatback screens, food was good, staff were ok, but not great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.