House rendering

Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question House rendering

Can any of the Perth people recommend someone who can do rendering - reasonably priced (we are SOR)?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House rendering

You've got to be very careful having this done, as it can go badly wrong. Our neighbour had his done a few years ago and it's still looking immaculate. One of those renovating items where you tend to get what you pay for, from what I've heard. Hopefully someone here can tell you of a direct experience.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
You've got to be very careful having this done, as it can go badly wrong. Our neighbour had his done a few years ago and it's still looking immaculate. One of those renovating items where you tend to get what you pay for, from what I've heard. Hopefully someone here can tell you of a direct experience.
Hmm, that is what I have heard - when it goes wrong, it goes badly wrong.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done a few years back.It makes a huge difference to the look of the house.Keep an eye on houses near you that have been done recently.If you like what they have done ask for a quote.Its what we did.Also get them to put corner strips on the sides before they plaster over them.We didnt and should have.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:46 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Can any of the Perth people recommend someone who can do rendering - reasonably priced (we are SOR)?
I had my place done about 4 months ago..it looks amazing. The guy that did it has had 3 more jobs since in my area from people stopping and asking us who did it.

Unfortunatley for you we are in Qld..but i would say get it done, makes a hell of a difference.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:59 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PP

We got our house rendered, he did a great job and all the neighbours had him doing theres (copy cats) it was in our old house (we r in halls head now) but I will see if I can dig out the number for you and i'll PM you with it xx
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi PP

We got our house rendered, he did a great job and all the neighbours had him doing theres (copy cats) it was in our old house (we r in halls head now) but I will see if I can dig out the number for you and i'll PM you with it xx
Excellent Laura, that would be great.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

I would be grateful if anyone knows of a 'renderer' in the western suburbs area. I have searched on a few sites without any luck. I am not necessarily looking for a recommendation just a contact, they could then show me some work they have done before i engage them.Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Excellent Laura, that would be great.
We are also looking to have this done so if someone comes up with something please post on here and we will do likewise.....I will keep my eyes peeled for new works in this area
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure they use Dulux Acratex, as it's awesome stuff.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:15 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Just curious... What is the point of rendering?

Is it just a cosmetic thing? Or are there any 'real' benefits?
Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:51 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Just curious... What is the point of rendering?

Is it just a cosmetic thing? Or are there any 'real' benefits?

Usually its cosmetic, dated bricks, 70s have a lot to answer for.

On new houses obviously you can colour it as you please so gives more options to the owner.

Sometimes old mortar is just crap and its much easier and cheaper to rake out joints and render the whole bricks than just re pointing which is very time consuming.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the tips. I now know the product to use and the reasons i am having it done have just been confirmed.
All i need now is to find some one who's had it done and is happy with it or someone who knows someone who does it for a living in Perth.
I realise that it wasn't that popular in England so perhaps no one has come over and taken up the trade. Please prove me wrong
Old Sep 10th 2011, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foreveryoung1
Thanks for the tips. I now know the product to use and the reasons i am having it done have just been confirmed.
All i need now is to find some one who's had it done and is happy with it or someone who knows someone who does it for a living in Perth.
I realise that it wasn't that popular in England so perhaps no one has come over and taken up the trade. Please prove me wrong
I have sent you a pm with a contact.It seems to be getting very popular here particularly in the older suburbs.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:47 am
Just Joined

sunshinejtrkc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
I had my place done about 4 months ago..it looks amazing. The guy that did it has had 3 more jobs since in my area from people stopping and asking us who did it.

Unfortunatley for you we are in Qld..but i would say get it done, makes a hell of a difference.
Can you PM number? Looking to get ours done we're on the sunshine coast?