Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House prices in Australia thread bubble

House prices in Australia thread bubble

Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default House prices in Australia thread bubble

There is one thread about this topic with nearly 500 posts.

When's it gonna burst? Will it burst? Will it keep getting bigger?

My money is on the latter.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House prices in Australia thread bubble

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I think it will peak in mid april, at around 743 posts.
And then another one will come along
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Apparently we need China to keep buying our resources but China needs the US to keep buying all their exports and we have a reasonable idea of the state of the US so should make for an interesting year or two. Personally I'm going to continue renting for now and see what happens.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I think its going to be a W shaped thread I'm afraid. Peak "post" will occur in the next 5 posts and then demand will fall off for information. After a slight about of interest is drawn to the thread again it will then finally fall into the abyss only to be resurrected briefly by someone who digs it up months later and will answered with a graph before finally collapsing.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:32 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

As usual I have missed the boat on the housing bubble thread...however I am fairly certain it is now entering 'bull trap' territory...and I have a graph to prove it...so there!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

It will peak just before we sell our place, and then crash before we buy our next place
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:58 pm
ABCDiamond

It's been almost 12 hours with no movement.....

Must be in the stagnation period.....

Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, there are some wits on here!

(Half right, anyway. <g>)
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:32 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's been almost 12 hours with no movement.....

Must be in the stagnation period.....
No. The thread has stabilised is all. Its a good thing. But only if you live in Australia and like it. If you don't like living here its a bad thing.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I would think the usual.I haven't read the thread,have we had the usual "Perth prices will drop by 20% next year" crowd on?Next year never seems to come.

People will still claim they can predict the future,yet somehow always get the past wrong.

Galbraith will be proved correct again,in all financial matters 99% of people will be wrong 99% of the time

Forget the guys name (doctor doom)but he has a long walk to do,prices will fall 40% last year,and of course he was an expert,it was written in the paper ,crowds believed in him, popular opinion was on his side,he was on TV and in all the newspapers.How could he possibly be wrong?

Life is always the same,fools claim they can predict the future and bigger fools listen to them.

Geordie downunder
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:22 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iolande
It will peak just before we sell our place, and then crash before we buy our next place
Originally Posted by Wol
Oh, there are some wits on here!

(Half right, anyway. <g>)
Reminds me my wife said I peaked too soon
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swans
I would think the usual.I haven't read the thread,have we had the usual "Perth prices will drop by 20% next year" crowd on?Next year never seems to come.

People will still claim they can predict the future,yet somehow always get the past wrong.

Galbraith will be proved correct again,in all financial matters 99% of people will be wrong 99% of the time

Forget the guys name (doctor doom)but he has a long walk to do,prices will fall 40% last year,and of course he was an expert,it was written in the paper ,crowds believed in him, popular opinion was on his side,he was on TV and in all the newspapers.How could he possibly be wrong?

Life is always the same,fools claim they can predict the future and bigger fools listen to them.

Geordie downunder

True Geordie Downunder saying 99% of the people will be wrong at one time.

When my cab driver is telling me how much he has made on residental property then I know it's time to get out. Secretaries having 4 investment properties telling me to get in quick as it's a one way street, cannot lose.

"When everyone is greedy be fearful, when everyone is fearful be greedy."

Warren Buffett - multi billionaire

The guy you are talking about is Steve Keen, one of only 12 economists in THE WORLD who correctly predicted the Global Financial Crisis. Go on, think how many economists around the world there must be and only 12 got it right.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomtastic
True Geordie Downunder saying 99% of the people will be wrong at one time.

When my cab driver is telling me how much he has made on residental property then I know it's time to get out. Secretaries having 4 investment properties telling me to get in quick as it's a one way street, cannot lose.

"When everyone is greedy be fearful, when everyone is fearful be greedy."

Warren Buffett - multi billionaire

The guy you are talking about is Steve Keen, one of only 12 economists in THE WORLD who correctly predicted the Global Financial Crisis. Go on, think how many economists around the world there must be and only 12 got it right.
Steve Keen also got a lot wrong.........
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: House prices in Australia thread bubble

Re housing bubble;What we have here and on a very large scale is what is known as momentum buying.Instead of asking what is a good or bad investment[this applies to institutions and individuals]or what is overvalued or undervalued ;the question asked is what is rising and will continue to do so.This rapidly becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because if enough decide it is rising then it will because of the laws of supply and demand.The market is then a one way street[look around you to see this happening].But at some point the one way street must become a cul-de-sac.This will happen when the irrationality of the pricing mechanism is clear to even the least informed investor.At this moment the early investors bail out and the pass the parcel ends with the last being the victim of a collective delusion.There is no law which says there must be another buyer at the end of the chain particularly when such exogenous shocks as rising interest rates intervene and wage rates are stable.The statement it hasn't happened therefore it never will is deeply historically and logically flawed---it has and it will.This,as Brown has just said is the first globalised financial recession/depression and we are in uncharted waters.None are immuned.PS,just to preempt any rispostes I dislike Brown intensely
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Bubble keeps growing......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.