Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hotel nearest to Brisbane airport

Hotel nearest to Brisbane airport

Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hotel nearest to Brisbane airport

Hi guys

I am looking for a hotel for my mum to stay in at Brisbane airport when she flies over to Oz next month to visit my brother.

All the hotels I've found on search engines say that they are about 10 minutes from the airport. Are there any closer than that?

If not, which hotels have free transfers from the airport to the hotel? Do they do free transfers late at night as my mum lands from the UK into Brisbane about 9pm Brisbane time.

Many thanks
Kelly
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:28 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hotel nearest to Brisbane airport

There's this one. It says transfers for a minimal charge.
http://www.hotelmotelnetwork.com.au/..._85_motel.html

I swear there's one closer, right at the round about to the airport. I just can't think of the name though.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:31 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Here it is. This one is definitely the closest as you can see it at the roundabout right before the airport. No idea what any of these hotels are like though. There might be other places tucked in behind though that are about the same distance away.

http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule...he_hotel.shtml
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:44 pm
ABCDiamond

I've stayed at Formule 1 hotels, but not that one at the Rounbabout near the airport.

My opinion of them is that they are great for somewhere to sleep. Very well priced, but not a luxury hotel by any means.

I thought it was also the closest to the Airport, but the Brisbane Riverview Hotel, at the Corner Kingsford Smith Drive and Hunt Street, Hamilton is saying that they are, but then, they charge from $240 per night.

Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys I will look at these.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:25 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at

http://www.airportheritagemotel.com.au/index.html

for our first night.. A quick hop by cab, and there are always plenty of cabs at the airport. Just a place to crash for us.

Its a little further than the other, but a quick hope off the gateway when collecting etc.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
We stayed at

http://www.airportheritagemotel.com.au/index.html

for our first night.. A quick hop by cab, and there are always plenty of cabs at the airport.
Good luck with that! I got in a cab at the airport the other night.

Cabbie didn't know where Balmoral was, and couldn't work out his TomTom. So I said I'd give directions.

Told him to take the Gateway Bridge.....but he hadn't heard of that either!!

Then he took the eToll lane, but didn't have an eToll. So we stopped in the middle of the eToll gate looking for someone to pay! I was just sitting there waiting for a truck to take us out!

On the plus side he forgot to charge me for the airport exit fee & bridge toll when it came to paying.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:02 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Good luck with that! I got in a cab at the airport the other night.

Cabbie didn't know where Balmoral was, and couldn't work out his TomTom. So I said I'd give directions.

Told him to take the Gateway Bridge.....but he hadn't heard of that either!!

Then he took the eToll lane, but didn't have an eToll. So we stopped in the middle of the eToll gate looking for someone to pay! I was just sitting there waiting for a truck to take us out!

On the plus side he forgot to charge me for the airport exit fee & bridge toll when it came to paying.
Perhaps he was a north of the river cabbie only.... Bugger if I know where anything is on the north side