Reload this Page >

Short Term Rental in Sydney

Short Term Rental in Sydney

Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Oz_Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short Term Rental in Sydney

Hi,

I'm now the proud owner of a 175 visa with a requirement to validate by April 7th. We are planning on coming to Sydney from teh UK for a month from March 24th 09 to get the visa validated, explore jobs and locations to live, and generally sample ozzie life for real.

I would like to know if anyone knows a good local Sydney based short term letting company. Obviously as this is only a validation trip keeping the costs down will be paramount. Would even consider a house swap if anyone knows of a good agency.

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Steve
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Re: Short Term Rental in Sydney

Originally Posted by Oz_Bound
Hi,

I'm now the proud owner of a 175 visa with a requirement to validate by April 7th. We are planning on coming to Sydney from teh UK for a month from March 24th 09 to get the visa validated, explore jobs and locations to live, and generally sample ozzie life for real.

I would like to know if anyone knows a good local Sydney based short term letting company. Obviously as this is only a validation trip keeping the costs down will be paramount. Would even consider a house swap if anyone knows of a good agency.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Not an expert - but my understanding is that all ( bound to be exceptions now I said that) renting is a minimum of 6 months with the usual bond paid.

There may well be lets for shorter periods.... start here is my suggestion

http://www.realestate.com.au

and go to NSW, rentals.

Renting withing an hours drive of the city centre - is usually more expensive.

best of luck
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:22 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends on your budget but you can start here.

http://www.rent-a-home.com.au

http://totaltravel.com.au
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:26 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few furnsihed apartment rentals which although might see expensive - make up for it in facilities we stayed 4 weeks in the Waldorf apartments in Hornsby but there are loads about all over Sydney
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:01 am
Just Joined

greenie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oz_Bound
Hi,

Thanks

Steve
You could also try http://www.worldapart.com.au/
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I can't see how you will find anything for a month that isn't "holiday accommodation" and therefore a bit more expensive than long-term rentals, but we booked a house through stayz.com.au when we came on a reccie which was fantastic. They have lots of options, most of them not right in the centre, which will probably give you a better picture of real life here.