hot Perth

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: hot Perth

thanks everyone - good to hear your views!

I did find it odd that we came here for the outdoors but its too hot to go outdoors - especially with a 9 month old bubs!

we are currently badgering the landlord to put air con in and he's 'thinking about it' - I hope he gets to a decision before summer is over, we live in a townhouse and although the downstairs is bearable (we have all moved down there to sleep) the upstairs is just unbearable. you sweat as soon as your foot hits the top stair!

I did see on the weather that it will be 40 again on Monday. BUT then 29 on weds - yahooo!!! (I never thought i'd be pleased to see 29 degrees - this is a hot summer day in england and now i'm waiting to 'cool down' in 29 degrees!) Madness.

L
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
thanks everyone - good to hear your views!

I did find it odd that we came here for the outdoors but its too hot to go outdoors - especially with a 9 month old bubs!

we are currently badgering the landlord to put air con in and he's 'thinking about it' - I hope he gets to a decision before summer is over, we live in a townhouse and although the downstairs is bearable (we have all moved down there to sleep) the upstairs is just unbearable. you sweat as soon as your foot hits the top stair!

I did see on the weather that it will be 40 again on Monday. BUT then 29 on weds - yahooo!!! (I never thought i'd be pleased to see 29 degrees - this is a hot summer day in england and now i'm waiting to 'cool down' in 29 degrees!) Madness.

L
Even if your landlord agrees to put the air-con in you still won't get it for summer, there is currently an 8 week wait for most installations. there is a shortage of Air con installers.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

we had a man in to quote and he said he could do it mid Jan if we got go ahead....
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I tried to get used to it - tried for 12 years. Last summer I was a prisoner in my house under the air-con. I now live happily in Tasmania
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

ah tassy - would love to go there - looks stunning... and cooler!

L
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's been the hottest summer since I've been here - my 3rd. Perth
Ditto

First summer wasnt really a summer - it was the coldest NYE on record in Bunbury I believe...!

Last year was a better summer, luckily we had aircon as I was pregnant at the time.

This year - we are sweltering but given it was pretty cold a couple of weeks ago I think it's the sudden changes in temp that do the "damage" so to speak.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by smee
Even if your landlord agrees to put the air-con in you still won't get it for summer, there is currently an 8 week wait for most installations. there is a shortage of Air con installers.
8 weeks

My OH is an air-con installer and no-one waits 8 weeks on his jobs...to fit a split system he usually does it the same day or next day. If they want ducted, well that's a 2 man job and all day job...he won't install that, but repairs it.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:01 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Isn't it funny how most people are preparing to stay out of the sun....when this is the one thing most people came out here for. Yes, it does get too much. But this is it, Slip Slap Slop.....it's ok really.

Cheers LL
This isn't it at all. It's rare for the Perth suburbs to have temp's of 40º and above, that's why there's so much talk about it on the tv and radio, even more so when we have these stinking humid days. Who in their right mind would choose to go out in those temperatures? Not many, that's why the streets are like ghost towns, because sensible people stay inside, whether at work, home, shopping or cinema etc.

Originally Posted by smee
My OH's company have so much work on at the mo' they could work 24/7, but they are still able to fit within a week to 10 days at the most.

Originally Posted by Teabag
I tried to get used to it - tried for 12 years. Last summer I was a prisoner in my house under the air-con. I now live happily in Tasmania
Well helloooooo stranger. How's life amongst the sheep?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

Well helloooooo stranger. How's life amongst the sheep?
Great!! We made the right move
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:14 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Great!! We made the right move
Well that's good to hear. Is the choice as dire there or worse?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Well that's good to hear. Is the choice as dire there or worse?
k'eh?

choice of what?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:50 am
'In limboland'

k'eh?

choice of what?
I knew I hadn't worded that right. Choices in the supermarket and clothes shops. I heard Tassie is abit behind the other states, is this true?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I knew I hadn't worded that right. Choices in the supermarket and clothes shops. I heard Tassie is abit behind the other states, is this true?

Yes it is a bit lacking in some things, but I haven't wanted for anything. It is all about supply and demand and with a state population of 475,000 well, you can do the math. Anyhow Melbourne's just over the moat so one can always save up for a big shopping trip.

Although I find myself not needing to 'keep up with the joneses' here. People seem more content with what they have. Or it could just be I have a different circle of friends here that aren't chasing the bigger and better
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:16 am
'In limboland'

Yes it is a bit lacking in some things, but I haven't wanted for anything. It is all about supply and demand and with a state population of 475,000 well, you can do the math. Anyhow Melbourne's just over the moat so one can always save up for a big shopping trip.

Although I find myself not needing to 'keep up with the joneses' here. People seem more content with what they have. Or it could just be I have a different circle of friends here that aren't chasing the bigger and better
Well only you can answer that. Are there many Brit's there?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Well only you can answer that. Are there many Brit's there?

I've met a few from the forum, 4 families so far. I know there are many more.
I think we should stop talking about Tassie in this thread before the Perthites run me out again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.