hot Perth

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough
Default hot Perth

hi there,

well I knew Perth was going to be hot but really!! and apparantly its only just begun!?
I was looking at last years stats and there were no days over 40 last year (in Jan) - we have been here since Oct and there have been at least 5 already with more to come!
any possibility of a twentysomething!?

not sure I'm going to get used to this and no, we don't have air con! but we do have use of a pool..

do I have to wait til April for twenties!?

ta

L
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hot Perth

Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
hi there,

well I knew Perth was going to be hot but really!! and apparantly its only just begun!?
I was looking at last years stats and there were no days over 40 last year (in Jan) - we have been here since Oct and there have been at least 5 already with more to come!

not sure I'm going to get used to this and no, we don't have air con! but we do have use of a pool..

ta

L
It's been the hottest summer since I've been here - my 3rd. Perth temperature rises and falls. The temp. will build over a few days and then drop back. Expect some more days of 40c+ although it does not stay up at that temp. The record for Perth is over 46c sometime in hte 90's.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:19 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

In our first summer two years ago I am pretty sure we didn't get one day over 40. Last summer was about normal I think - probably 10 days over 40 from memory. This year is odd. It started late (was supposedly the coldest or wettest on for many years until just before Xmas) but it is certainly making up for it now. Today is bad - not only is it hot but also muggy. Think yourself lucky - QLD is like this most of the time.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
In our first summer two years ago I am pretty sure we didn't get one day over 40. Last summer was about normal I think - probably 10 days over 40 from memory. This year is odd. It started late (was supposedly the coldest or wettest on for many years until just before Xmas) but it is certainly making up for it now. Today is bad - not only is it hot but also muggy. Think yourself lucky - QLD is like this most of the time.
Not this summer !! I don't think the temperature in Brisbane has gone over 30 for the whole of December - the coolest since I've been here (10 years) best Chrstmas weather I've had and been more inclined to do the Christmassy stuff than usual
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at last years stats and there were no days over 40 last year (in Jan)

we did have some days over 40 last year. The main one I remember was Australia Day. It was so hot I actually felt sick and dizzy and kept having cold showers and a bushfire started just up the road. I remember it well !!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Sunny Devon is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

ta

L

Arrived 12 weeks ago sunshine coast and we are beginning to wonder if it will ever live up to its name - temp mid to low 20's for since before christmas - could you please send over some sun still having a great time and settling in really well.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:47 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
we did have some days over 40 last year. The main one I remember was Australia Day. It was so hot I actually felt sick and dizzy and kept having cold showers and a bushfire started just up the road. I remember it well !!
You are right. We had temp's of over 40 for 3 days on the trot, Australia Day, (Fri.26th) and the next 2 days. But upon saying that, it was one of the coolest January's over all that we could remember and we've been here 10½ years.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

temmpest is an unknown quantity at this point

Takes getting used to on the most part. I've lived here my whole life so i put up with it, don't like it though. Beach and pool are best bets if aircon unavailable, but remember to SLIP-SLOP-SLAP

We've been really unlucky with the hot days of late, it's not normally this bad, And if it is, it's normally one day and then starts going down again. Very unpredictable, but better than cities like melbourne weather wise. It is completely unpredictable.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

hi there,

ta

L
Growing up in WA from the late 1970's I can say from experience that the temperatures have not been nowhere near as high as they used to be, we used to get endless days hovering around 40. We still have February to get through yet, which is usually the hottest month. You'll get used to it after a couple of years.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Get some aircon. We've had over a week of high 30's low 40s in South Australia as well, I had to go out and buy a portable aircon unit for my bedroom as it's just been too much for the fan to cope with (low 30's is too much for a ceiling fan!). Last night is the first time I've slept all week
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
You are right. We had temp's of over 40 for 3 days on the trot, Australia Day, (Fri.26th) and the next 2 days. But upon saying that, it was one of the coolest January's over all that we could remember and we've been here 10½ years.
There were also 3 days in early March as I recall, I had no aircon so I remember it very well.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:54 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
There were also 3 days in early March as I recall, I had no aircon so I remember it very well.
You are exactly right C. Take a look at this site and scroll down to click on the relevant months....
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...1.latest.shtml
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

hi there,

ta

L
It only gets into the 40c now and again...you will cope better next year. I remember the first year here and i was so hot i could've died.
But this year seems a doddle really, i am still too hot sometimes, but seem to handle it abit better. Just stay out of the sun and get the air-con on (if you have it)
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by temmpest
Takes getting used to on the most part. I've lived here my whole life so i put up with it, don't like it though. Beach and pool are best bets if aircon unavailable, but remember to SLIP-SLOP-SLAP

We've been really unlucky with the hot days of late, it's not normally this bad, And if it is, it's normally one day and then starts going down again. Very unpredictable, but better than cities like melbourne weather wise. It is completely unpredictable.
Please don't tell me you got o the beach on a 40+ day!!!!! Everyone I know locks themselves inside or heads to the biggest shopping centre for the day. You would have to be barmy to go out in it.

Oh forgot to say its a warm 32 in the house at the moment, blowing a breeze through to cool the place down as we speak, should be an ok night, tomorrow though is certainly air con weather if the power doesn't go off or as my son is doing heading into the shopping centre for the day. Got the air con ready for the bunnies in the garage, already lost a couple not to mention our other furry friends.
Jenny

Last edited by jensteve; Jan 2nd 2008 at 12:11 pm. Reason: forgot bits
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Isn't it funny how most people are preparing to stay out of the sun....when this is the one thing most people came out here for. Yes, it does get too much. But this is it, Slip Slap Slop.....it's ok really.

Cheers LL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.