hostels?

Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default hostels?

when in oz on a working holiday visa and staying in hostels etc do you bring your own bedding if so what do you take duvet/quilt covers or just sheets or what and are sleeping bags not allowed i have read somewhere that no sleeping bags are allowed why is this?

I think also you can rent or hire the sheets when in hostel i dont like the idea of this, would rather have my own but whats the costs involved in doing that and is it worth it.

also how safe are internet cafes for doing online banking i have heard a few horror stories but then its important i do this while traveling what other options do i have? i do have my own laptop but would rather not take that around with me as i feel its not safe to.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default hello!

I have been to many a hostel in Oz and they never had a prob with sleeping bags! Also bringing your own sheet is a GOOD idea cos they dont always have enough depending on the hostels. Some are nicer than others and have better facilities and laundries. Yeah you can rent sheets etc but not always are top condition.
Internet cafes I am not sure with about online banking ....it depends on how tech'd up the owner of the cafe is i guess.....
one thing to rememebr is IT IS VERY IMPORTANTY TO LOG OUT when you have finished as the owner or anyone coming onto that computer after you can log into your bank account if you dont.
I think all bad cases of fraud i have heard of from cafes are down to people not logging out.
Also NEVER use a shortcut or address that comes up automatically in the browser - type yours in - people set up alternative bank addresses that go to their own secured servers. Believe me - the banks are fully aware of this one!

Hostel info is a plenty on www.lonelyplanet.com .... go to forum and search for aussie hostel posts.

Last edited by wombatboy; Mar 26th 2004 at 2:25 am.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:49 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad cases of fraud traced to internet cafes are mainly due to key logging programs. I would not internet bank on a computer unless I knew it was free of spyware.