Reload this Page >

Horticulture Qualification

Horticulture Qualification

Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Rachie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horticulture Qualification

hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a question? My brother would like to study horticulture in UK in order for him to be able to emigrate to Australia. Does anyone know the minimum qualification needed in the Uk to be able to apply. In Australia its a diploma but not sure what that relates to in England.

Thanks for your help.

Rachel
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:09 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horticulture Qualification

Originally Posted by Rachie
hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a question? My brother would like to study horticulture in UK in order for him to be able to emigrate to Australia. Does anyone know the minimum qualification needed in the Uk to be able to apply. In Australia its a diploma but not sure what that relates to in England.

Thanks for your help.

Rachel
Won't he also have to have work experience in the field to qualify for a skills visa?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Rachie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Yes he will but he has an employer that he can gain work experience with.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I thought horticulture was off the list? Or am i reading rumours again?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Horticulture is not on the list, general gardener and nursery person ARE on the list. For general gardener you only need cert 3, not a diploma. I think the same is true for nursery person, but can't be arsed to look it up again at the mo.
I would contact an agent to find out what qualification would be accepted as the same as cert 3, and how many years experiance he will need after completing that.