Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Hornsby Willow Playground - Tues 15th Jan

For those not into the beach, a handful of us are meeting at :

Willow Playground
corner of Sherbrook Rd / Edgeworth David Avenue
Hornsby
10:30 am

All are welcome! Please PM me and I will give tips on how to spot us.......

There may well be on-road parking near-by, or alternatively you can park in the Westfield - which is also handy for refreshments!

Despite earlier promises, I won't give general directions here because it all depends on where you're coming from and where you wish to park. For those of you without a UBD or satnav, please PM me and I will do my best to help you out!

- holmes
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hornsby Willow Playground - Tues 15th Jan

I have copied this post of yanH's from another thread.....

It's quite a good park, and should suit all primary school kids and younger. Mine go after school sometimes and love it. There are shaded tables and I think there are toilets, but nowhere to get food or drink, so it is definitely a "bring a picnic" place, or a 5 minute walk from loads of food outlets in Westfield.

Do I have to pay copyright fees.......?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by holmes
I have copied this post of yanH's from another thread.....

It's quite a good park, and should suit all primary school kids and younger. Mine go after school sometimes and love it. There are shaded tables and I think there are toilets, but nowhere to get food or drink, so it is definitely a "bring a picnic" place, or a 5 minute walk from loads of food outlets in Westfield.

Do I have to pay copyright fees.......?
Yes you do have to give me royalties. I have just come on to rewrite that as I am no way clever enough to copy from another thread! I think there is also a sort of track thing running round the outside of the equipment if anyone wanted to take bikes or scooters (for the kids that is)!
It is really easy to find, opposite Waitara Bowling Club. If you look on a map it may come under Waitara or Hornsby, not sure exactly where on Edgeworth David Avenue the border is.
I'll possibly see you there on Tuesday (although hopefully not, as for me to go would mean the weather not good enough for the beach)!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'll be there as long as it's not raining (like it is at the moment) - my younger two love that playground and I never seem to have time to stop when I'm passing
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

For those who park in the Westfield, find your way to the Gloria Jean's near Target (not the FoodCourt one), and go out the door next to DigiCity Express. Turn left and walk down the hill about a block-and-a-half - Willow Playground is on the left.

Anyone know yet what the weather forecast is?

- holmes
x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Looked at a few weather websites and suprise suprise they all differ..
Only one mentions rain, the others say cloudy and warm.
So we may just get away with it.
Is there a back up plan if its pouring?

JO
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Well, it's 8:40 and overcast here in Berowra. It may or may not burn off, and it may or may not rain. Unless it's pouring at 10am, I will go anyway as Jack has a ton of energy to use up! May see some of you there?

- holmes
x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by holmes
Well, it's 8:40 and overcast here in Berowra. It may or may not burn off, and it may or may not rain. Unless it's pouring at 10am, I will go anyway as Jack has a ton of energy to use up! May see some of you there?

- holmes
x
I will drop by (unless it starts to pour!) K
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Child with earache has scuppered my plans for the day I'm afraid. Have fun and hopefully catch up soon