Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hopefully Reaching The Light At The End Of A Very Dark Tunnel

Hopefully Reaching The Light At The End Of A Very Dark Tunnel

Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:47 pm
paula

paula879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hopefully Reaching The Light At The End Of A Very Dark Tunnel

Our process began in Jan 2004. Originally got knocked back by TRA. Appealed with further information which we should have been told to submit in the first place (yes we have used an agent, £1600). Got through that in the end! Just had medicals Feb 3rd and waiting for a response from Sydney. Looking to go to Perth. We would really appreciate any ideas on areas in Perth to settle with 2 boys aged 15 and 12 and a girl of 8 :scared: Any information would be appreciated.

Paula

Last edited by paula879; Feb 24th 2005 at 8:13 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hopefully Reaching The Light At The End Of A Very Dark Tunnel

Originally Posted by paula879
Our process began in Jan 2004. Originally got knocked back by TRA. Appealed with further information which we should have been told to submit in the first place (yes we have used an agent, £1600). Got through that in the end! Just had medicals Feb 3rd and waiting for a response from Sydney. Looking to go to Perth. We would really appreciate any ideas on areas in Perth to settle with 2 boys aged 15 and 12 and a girl of 8 :scared: Any information would be appreciated.

Paula
Hi Paula
We started the process in March 2003, we received our visas last year in September 2004 and have been trying to sell our house since July 2004, we too are going to Perth, are you planning on North or South of Perth, or is that why you are asking because you are not sure of either?? We are going South, Rockingham area, lots of Brits apparently go there. We don't have any jobs lined up or even a home, and we too have 3 kids, 2 boys of 11 and 8 and a girl who is 5 going on 35! What do you do for a living?

Sam and Paul
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:00 pm
paula

paula879 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolves2stayup!
Hi Paula
We started the process in March 2003, we received our visas last year in September 2004 and have been trying to sell our house since July 2004, we too are going to Perth, are you planning on North or South of Perth, or is that why you are asking because you are not sure of either?? We are going South, Rockingham area, lots of Brits apparently go there. We don't have any jobs lined up or even a home, and we too have 3 kids, 2 boys of 11 and 8 and a girl who is 5 going on 35! What do you do for a living?

Sam and Paul
Sean my husband is an air conditioning eng, me, office and admin. We sold our house last year while the market was pretty good and are currently in rented accomodation which runs out the end of May! Whats your trade? Seans been in touch with a few firms but nothing sorted yeat as well as accomodation.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paula879
Sean my husband is an air conditioning eng, me, office and admin. We sold our house last year while the market was pretty good and are currently in rented accomodation which runs out the end of May! Whats your trade? Seans been in touch with a few firms but nothing sorted yeat as well as accomodation.
Hi Paula

My husband is a Sheet Metal worker so hoping to find something when we get there. We moving out of our house on the 4th March, and probably moving in with parents for 3 weeks, we are going to Florida and Vegas for a couple of weeks with kids and then when we arrive, we will look for somewhere to live. Quite scary really, new country no clue what goes on. We have done research, but there nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end. Also, it's quite hard to imagine what you need to do, until you actually start living the life... I'm hoping it will all fit into place, I've forever the optimist!!!

Good luck, we'll try to get hooked up to expats as soon as we get there, to find out what's going on with people and no doubt be asking loads of questions.

Take Care
Sam