Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House sale fallen through!!!

House sale fallen through!!!

Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:50 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default House sale fallen through!!!

Just as everything is going along nicely our buyers have pulled out.

We had a private sale agreed and were just waiting for their son to sell his house, so he could buy theirs and then they buy ours!
Apparently he has had his on the market for over 8 weeks, had loads of viewers but nobody wants to put in a offer, basically because they can't be bothered to de-clutter the place, as they do on all the TV programs. He even dropped the asking price by £15,000.00. Must be a real mess :scared:

Now it looks as though we are going to have to bite the bullet and put it with an estate agent Can anybody recommend any.

At least we weren't reliant on the sale of the house for us to move down under, just means we can't pay everybody off before we go. Could do with some karma this morning, would have a few beers to drown the sorrows but got to go to work soon.

Last edited by TheRossers; Feb 28th 2005 at 8:53 am.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: House sale fallen through!!!

Karma on its way Tony

I am away to phone a few estate agents myself this morning, in preperation for the yellow envelope coming through the letterbox sometime soon (hope!!).

Chin up

Bill
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:01 am
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Karma on its way Tony

I am away to phone a few estate agents myself this morning, in preperation for the yellow envelope coming through the letterbox sometime soon (hope!!).

Chin up

Bill
Thanks Bill, we are also going to put up a few flyers - good excuse to use my new printer and see if we can get another private sale.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:04 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TheRossers

We had a private sale agreed and were just waiting for their son to sell his house, so he could buy theirs and then they buy ours!
Apparently he has had his on the market for over 8 weeks, had loads of viewers but nobody wants to put in a offer, basically because they can't be bothered to de-clutter the place, as they do on all the TV programs. He even dropped the asking price by £15,000.00. Must be a real mess :scared:

Now it looks as though we are going to have to bite the bullet and put it with an estate agent Can anybody recommend any.

At least we weren't reliant on the sale of the house for us to move down under, just means we can't pay everybody off before we go. Could do with some karma this morning, would have a few beers to drown the sorrows but got to go to work soon.
People who can't be bothered to get their houses nice for viewers are toss pots in my opinion. I don't mean decorating whole house or anything like that but tidying up and making it look clean doesn't take a lot.
I really feel for you, hopefully another buyer will come along soon.
Good luck
Sarah
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:07 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Thanks Bill, we are also going to put up a few flyers - good excuse to use my new printer and see if we can get another private sale.
Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear about that - what a pain in the arse huh!?

In terms of estate agents, I used to live in Euxton and used Bairstow Eves (went through the Chorley office) when we sold our house. Albeit this was a couple of years ago when houses were going quicker than they are now, I thought they were quite good.

We sold on the same day we put the house on the market. Doubt you'd get that response in today's housing climate, but Bairstow Eves would still be my bet.

Good luck

Rob
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here about your sale its sooooo crap we had it happen to us

All the very best...Karma on its way

Sue
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:31 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

What bad luck. Tried to send you karma but must have sent you house selling karma recently so it won't let me send any more at the mo. Fat lot of good my last attempt at sending you karma proved to be anyway!

Hope all your plans come to fruition next time.....

Binbird
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:16 pm
Here at last

Thanks for the support guys. The worst part of it is now the two are going to do a swap, his mum and dad are going to have his house and he will have theirs. They'll probably do it up for him and then sell it, but it'll be too late for us and I don't intend to be messed about by them again.
It's the thought that counts, so thanks anyway binbird.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:44 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the support guys. The worst part of it is now the two are going to do a swap, his mum and dad are going to have his house and he will have theirs. They'll probably do it up for him and then sell it, but it'll be too late for us and I don't intend to be messed about by them again.
It's the thought that counts, so thanks anyway binbird.
It is such a nightmare selling. We went ont he market last summer and after seveal viewings and some very good hopefuls that put their houses on the market to buy ours we had a person knock att he door and offered us money there and then.... his parents were buying their house so no chain - brilliant we thought! Got to the point of exchange and the parents dropped out, by this time we had flogged loads of our stuff (including my car ), lost the other good buyers as they either did a property swap or moved elsewhere, and missed the market as it seemed to crash after this......talk about being totally gutted.

Anyway after 5 months of these people tryign to sell their house as they still wanted it, ringing us up all the time, calling in out the blue, going on at the school everyday they finally sold their place and bought another house as they couldn't afford our place unless we dropped by 30K!!!!!! :scared:

Moral of the story never rely on anyone to buy your house. If possible get it exchanged first and then complete a few weeks afterwards to tie up loose ends.

I really feel for you as it is gutting to be let down by someone. Good luck with the house sale and I hope it happens very soon for you, sent you some karma

Sasha
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

We're on our 3rd buyer now !!!
Fingers crossed this one will actually complete.
Good luck to you - it will happen, its just when. Market seems to be picking up a little
Old Feb 28th 2005, 4:30 pm
Here at last

Originally Posted by snappy
Anyway after 5 months of these people tryign to sell their house as they still wanted it, ringing us up all the time, calling in out the blue, going on at the school everyday they finally sold their place and bought another house as they couldn't afford our place unless we dropped by 30K!!!!!! :scared:
Sasha
Wow, mine pales into insignifcance compared to yours
We've also decided we aren't going to tell any potential buyers we are migrating as I reckon they will try and get one over on us if they think we are desperate to sell (which we are not), it would just be nice to tie up all the loose ends before we go.

What's changed since we sold our last house (about 5 years ago)?
Then we only had it on for a month or two and our first buyer went all the way!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:39 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Wow, mine pales into insignifcance compared to yours
We've also decided we aren't going to tell any potential buyers we are migrating as I reckon they will try and get one over on us if they think we are desperate to sell (which we are not), it would just be nice to tie up all the loose ends before we go.

What's changed since we sold our last house (about 5 years ago)?
Then we only had it on for a month or two and our first buyer went all the way!!
Who knows but things are certainly different from 8 years ago when we sold our last place! I did forget to add we had a 2nd buyer that came along offered us cash but then after things got moving he suddenly realised he had to give 3 months noticed to release his cash from bonds....idiot

Today we have had another person put in an offer but it was 25K under the asking price even the agent has said they are just trying it on....

Why do people bother at the end of the day we have put a price and it doesn't say ONO next to it....I know you have to give a bit but not 25K.

I just hope the next time we buy it is forever and we are never ever moving again!!!

Sasha
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:15 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Talking Re: House sale fallen through!!!

What an absolute arse! Sorry to hear about that. Hang on in there....

And guess what, the same thing just happened to us this afternoon! Bugger.... A whole month lost, that's the worst thing.

Not sure how we stand moving in April if sale isn't complete. Back to the viewings!

Good luck with the sale.

Take care

Paul & Lou
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:18 pm
Merlot

Fingers crossed for things to improve, I know how much you are looking forward to your move.

Karma coming if it lets me.

M