Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hopeful move to queensland

hopeful move to queensland

Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:56 am
Just Joined

chilli40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hopeful move to queensland

hy everyone.. im new to this site but have found a lot of comfort in reading your stories.. im a 34 year old single female looking to emigrate to australia through the ambulance service.. im at interview stage so fingers crossed hey!!!.. i was wondering if there are certain areas i should be looking at aiming for.. i enjoy scuba diving and have started to learn to surf (badly i may add).. so coastal access would be good.. are there any other singletons on here looking or have made the move.. all infor would be greatly appreciated.. cheers xx
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hopeful move to queensland

sorry can't help but just wanted to say hi and welcome
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If you enjoy scuba then I would suggest the east coast of QLD. Barrier reef and all that. Even out of Brisbane theres good diving off the islands and the northern towns within driving distance.

Surfs excellent off the Sunshine coast too. And not to mention the climate and housing costs are better than some other places.

Some ideas for you anyhow.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by struth
sorry can't help but just wanted to say hi and welcome
thankyou very much.. how long have you been living in australia now
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chilli40
hy everyone.. im new to this site but have found a lot of comfort in reading your stories.. im a 34 year old single female looking to emigrate to australia through the ambulance service.. im at interview stage so fingers crossed hey!!!.. i was wondering if there are certain areas i should be looking at aiming for.. i enjoy scuba diving and have started to learn to surf (badly i may add).. so coastal access would be good.. are there any other singletons on here looking or have made the move.. all infor would be greatly appreciated.. cheers xx
Hi chilli
I'm a single female too in the sense I don't have OH, am going out with QAS in the next intake. Got job, waiting visa. Going with my 17 year old son! Off to Northern Coastal Queensland. Supposed to be the next boom area! Hoping to be stationed in Townsville.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sals
Hi chilli
I'm a single female too in the sense I don't have OH, am going out with QAS in the next intake. Got job, waiting visa. Going with my 17 year old son! Off to Northern Coastal Queensland. Supposed to be the next boom area! Hoping to be stationed in Townsville.
sounds exciting.. do you have a start date yet? and have you had much choice in which area you would like to go to.. im hoping to find this stuff out at the interview but insider knowledge always good.. i guess i ought to be looking where the increases in the market are going to occur.. make the most of my capital.. but one step at a time i guess..