Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry, it's that good old excess baggage question again!

Sorry, it's that good old excess baggage question again!

Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice
Default Sorry, it's that good old excess baggage question again!

Oops - title should have said extra baggage not excess baggage!

The OH and I are planning on moving to Melbourne this side of Christmas (dependent on cat space in Spotswood of course ). I have an Australian passport as I have dual nationality but have only ever lived in the UK. The OH has a partner visa that was validated about 16 months ago on a brief (3 day) trip to Perth just for that purpose. Does anyone know if/how we can get an increased baggage allowance if we buy one way tickets?
I noticed that Emirates are now offering 50kg on a one way ticket but you have to meet their conditions about non-validated visas etc. Does anyone know if any airlines are flexible with a suitably begging e-mail?!

Last edited by Wilpurina; Aug 13th 2007 at 6:52 pm. Reason: stupid typo in subject!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sorry, it's that good old excess baggage question again!

Originally Posted by Wilpurina
Oops - title should have said extra baggage not excess baggage!

The OH and I are planning on moving to Melbourne this side of Christmas (dependent on cat space in Spotswood of course ). I have an Australian passport as I have dual nationality but have only ever lived in the UK. The OH has a partner visa that was validated about 16 months ago on a brief (3 day) trip to Perth just for that purpose. Does anyone know if/how we can get an increased baggage allowance if we buy one way tickets?
I noticed that Emirates are now offering 50kg on a one way ticket but you have to meet their conditions about non-validated visas etc. Does anyone know if any airlines are flexible with a suitably begging e-mail?!
Hi i know singapore airlines do offer excess allowance if you email or fax over copy of visas but they were fully booed we are flyig with quantas sent 2 begging emails and still only getting 20kg each we will have to pay for anything over. i was disappointed but cant see what else we cn do