Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home and Contents Insurance

Home and Contents Insurance

Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:30 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Home and Contents Insurance

Hello,

Can anyone recommend home and contents insurance in QLD that doesn't penalise you for paying by the month? I've had a few quotes from ANZ, NAB and Westpac, all vary quite a bit, most seem to have three levels of cover, just wondered if anyone has done the homework on who works out best.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Home and Contents Insurance

Originally Posted by Plug
Hello,

Can anyone recommend home and contents insurance in QLD that doesn't penalise you for paying by the month? I've had a few quotes from ANZ, NAB and Westpac, all vary quite a bit, most seem to have three levels of cover, just wondered if anyone has done the homework on who works out best.
we use AAMI here in NSW and pay by the month, afaik they don't penalise but i can't say for certain
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

We paid a lump sum for ours but used AAMI as it was the cheapest and most straightforward cover for us. We're on the Gold Coast.
On the downside how irritating is the advert, you can't help but sing "luckyyyyy you're with AAMI" :curse:
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:12 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stella340
We paid a lump sum for ours but used AAMI as it was the cheapest and most straightforward cover for us. We're on the Gold Coast.
On the downside how irritating is the advert, you can't help but sing "luckyyyyy you're with AAMI" :curse:
all the insurance ads are irritating...
i'd like that Allianz guy to give at least one good reason to switch
he starts each ad with "...and here's another reason to switch to Allianz"
:grrr: do these ad agents think we're all morons?
:rant over:
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

We are with the commonwealth and they don't penalise for paying monthly. I pay $57 per month for combined cover which covers high items named individually and accidental damage. $400k rebuilding cover for the house.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
We are with the commonwealth and they don't penalise for paying monthly. I pay $57 per month for combined cover which covers high items named individually and accidental damage. $400k rebuilding cover for the house.
A friend of ours in Woodvale is with the Commonwealth ......... they had their fence blow down when that wild storm hit last week.

On Friday the Commonwealth informed them their insurance doesn't cover fences blowing down?

Umpteen phone calls later........... no change on their stance........ not covered; even though he couldn't find anything in the small print?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
A friend of ours in Woodvale is with the Commonwealth ......... they had their fence blow down when that wild storm hit last week.

On Friday the Commonwealth informed them their insurance doesn't cover fences blowing down?

Umpteen phone calls later........... no change on their stance........ not covered; even though he couldn't find anything in the small print?
I thought that was a common exclusion. My fence flew down in the UK and it wasn't covered.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We are with RACQ and whilst not sure about being penalised for paying monthly, they are brilliant if you have to claim and they appear to be fairly rare in that you can get accidental cover as well. This may have changed but it's what I found when sorting it out a couple of years ago.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:50 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

We use Allianz and pay monthly but from what I can remember they offered the best "new for old" and "accidental damage" policies.