Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rating 1 Insurance?

Rating 1 Insurance?

Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:16 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of
Default Rating 1 Insurance?

Hiya all,

My wife and I are due to be coming over to Melbourne in the next couple of months and I have been advised that is wise to get some notes from my various UK insurance companies over here concerning no-claims bonuses etc that can be presented upon application for policies when over in Oz.

I have been told that the Oz car insurance people use something called Rating 1 drivers, what the heck is that?

Has anyone else got experience they can impart regarding UK/Oz insurance for cars and homes/contents, (i.e. what documents are going to be useful in Australia that I need to ask my current insurers for?)

Thanks in advance!

CTG
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:30 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rating 1 Insurance?

http://www.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf...r%20your%20car

Insurers give you a rating from 1 to 6 according to your driving history (with a rating of 6 the lowest). Your insurance will cost less as your rating improve

Ask for a proof of no claims from all UK insurancy companies. Most OZ don't ask for it when you get insurance, but they might do if you have a claim.

Like UK, car insurance will ask for the number of years without a claim. You can get a quote from most of the big ones on-line. House insurance appears to only want 2 years no claims from what I've seen. check aami, nrma, allianz, suncorp,

Polices and rules can change between states. Most have Compulsary Third Party with the car registration.

Last edited by datamile; Aug 5th 2007 at 11:32 am.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:58 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rating 1 Insurance?

OK Thanks for this, I shall bear this in mind as I am collating my paperwork. Good fun eh?