Hiya

Old Jul 18th 2006, 6:22 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hiya

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Speaking as a man, who has taken a couple of years out to help raise his children, I can tell you raising children is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than any job I have ever had, way more enjoyable too. To Ann-Marie and any other women out there feeling they arent contributing, drop that notion immediately, you are all doing a superb job, if children were raised by men, we would have a very under populated world. Its some of the hubbies who should feel they arent contributing not the wives. It can be hard sat on a building site till.....2.30 joking, with your mates, and drinking tea, but its nowhere near as hard as raising two under threes, especially when one is poorly. Keep your chin up Ann-Marie, you could be getting ready for another 9 month winter back in the UK.
I knew there had to be more than just my hubbie who understood how hard raising two children is, your wife is a lucky woman.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hiya

Originally Posted by Ann-marie
Hello everyone my name is Ann-marie, me, my husband and 3 children arrived in melbourne 10 months ago. My husband found work quite quickly, but i have been unable to find work, i am feeling really depressed at moment. I also feel guilty about husband earning all of the money. I am living in sunbury, i wondered if any living near by. I am really missing family back in uk but feel as though i have to be strong for rest of the family. So i do my crying in private. I do really like it here and want to make it a good life. Sorry for burdening you all with this.
Hi Anne-Marie

I live in Sunbury, migrated here almost 2 years ago now. I do work 4 days per week, but have a regular coffee morning on Friday mornings with some great friends that I have made since we've been here, some expats and some Aussies. We all have kids and really appreciate what it's like to move to another country.

I also work in Human Resources, so I can give you any help you like pulling together a resume, and perhaps suggesting some good contacts to help depending on what kind of work you do.

You're more than welcome to join us on Friday for coffee in Sunbury - please PM me with your details and we can arrange to meet up.

It is hard when you first arrive, but I promise you, things do get better. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I don't get to look at the site to often anymore.

Hope to meet with you soon.
Regards
Amanda

Keep smiling