Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HIFX trouble!!!!

HIFX trouble!!!!

Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HIFX trouble!!!!

Originally Posted by renth
I use Ozforex. Never had any trouble with them.
We used Ozforex too, and they were excellent. I was very stressed out at first but the money came so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to get worried
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by busterboy
MATT GILMOUR ...WHERE ARE MY GIFTS!?!
Did you change addresses after you exchanged your money?

When I got the message from Matt we double checked the address and sure even it needed to be updated. If I hadn't have changed it then it would have went to our old address.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:52 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Did you change addresses after you exchanged your money?

When I got the message from Matt we double checked the address and sure even it needed to be updated. If I hadn't have changed it then it would have went to our old address.
I gave the new address and had the mail redirected both times. Just no gifts!

Anyway enough about me and back to HIFX and the OP having a well deserved hissy!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:16 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

To the original poster:

Contact HiFX's compliance officer. His name is Peter James and his telephone number is +44 (0) 1753 641212.

When you speak to him, give him the dates of the phone calls. He can then track and listen to the calls (as someone else said, it is a legal requirement that all their calls are recorded).

Gina
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:44 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by busterboy
I gave the new address and had the mail redirected both times. Just no gifts!

Anyway enough about me and back to HIFX and the OP having a well deserved hissy!
Absolutely. If I were him I'd be really really angry! I think heads would be rolling right now.

Kudos to him though for booking the exchange rate when it was at a high!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:47 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Absolutely. If I were him I'd be really really angry! I think heads would be rolling right now.

Kudos to him though for booking the exchange rate when it was at a high!
I would be livid!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
According to Ozforex this precise date was when the exchange rate was as it's most recent peak of around 2.52 - seems very VERY dodgy to me that they have now can't find a record of your rate booking now the rate is 2.1 ish....

Push and push and complain and complain.....

Hope it all works out - is there an independant body you can go to - or threaten to go to? Financial ombudsman??

Graham

It's HIFX, not OzForex
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annkc
Have any of you dealt with hifx when transfering money??
we set up a forward money order with them on the 19/08/07 and now they are saying they havent recieved anything :curse:.
I have copies of 3 faxes and 6 emails sent to ther office, i also sent 2 copies in the post of this money order set at a rate agreed on the phone. I cannot believe that they havent got any of it but they say they havent :curse:.
they have not been very professional in the way that they have dealt with this and they say that there is nothing we can do. This is costing us a lot of money and i am not happy with them.:curse::curse:

SOZ i just needed to get this off my chest as i find it hard to believe they havent recieved any of the above total bullshit!!!

rant over

annkc
As Arkon stated you have your 10% (or whatever it is, memory fails me!) deposit details as proof don't you? We did this deal with Ozforex though, but assume HIFX do the same.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Each time we have sent something to them i have done a follow up call to see if they have recieved it, this has been the fax papers x 3, i sent a photo copy of the actual money order x 2i have proof of posting and emailed it back to them x 1 as well as this i have emailed a certain person 6 times to ask if they have recieved our paperwork and still each time i have call or email them they say they haven't got it!!!! :curse:
I have got so annoyed with them that i went to see them at the show in Edinburgh with all of my proof as above to let them see that i ain't lying.
They said they would investigate - low and behold still they say they haven't got anything even although i have shown them proof of everything sent.
I have now emailed the guy in charge and have asked to hear our telephone conversation on the 19/08/07 setting this up.
so now i will wait and see what he has to say!!!!
wonder if they have lost that!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: annkc
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

to Curly and Arkon,
they have told me to set this up they need the money order signed and sent to them without this they cant set this up, Hence the problem no paper work recieved no money sent !!!! I have posted, faxed, scanned and sent it back to them and they say they havent got it! :curse:
We spoke with someone yesterday and told us that the coversation on the phone is enough to set it up - this is why i have asked for it and i want to hear it. i followed this up with an email just to make sure that they do something about it.
we will see!!!!!!!!!!

annkc
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:40 am
A rather curious boy

to Curly and Arkon,
they have told me to set this up they need the money order signed and sent to them without this they cant set this up, Hence the problem no paper work recieved no money sent !!!! I have posted, faxed, scanned and sent it back to them and they say they havent got it! :curse:
We spoke with someone yesterday and told us that the coversation on the phone is enough to set it up - this is why i have asked for it and i want to hear it. i followed this up with an email just to make sure that they do something about it.
we will see!!!!!!!!!!

annkc
Best of luck. Please keep us updated. I hope that it is good news.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update on my trouble with HIFX,
Peter James is now looking at this, i have emailed him the facts only for my email to be returned as unsent, SURPRISE THERE!!
I was also told on Wednesday that i would recieve in the post recorded delivery the CD of our conversation on the phone, guess what SURPRISE SURPRISE no cd yet !!!!!!!! :curse:
Oh and i have had a private message on my BE page from -windsor2 the marketing director with HIFX, which makes me think that they are not too happy with my post on here. TUFF!!!
Well if they hadn't mucked it up then i wouldn't be writting on here.
Again there customer service has left a bad taste.

annkc
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:55 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Update on my trouble with HIFX,
Peter James is now looking at this, i have emailed him the facts only for my email to be returned as unsent, SURPRISE THERE!!
I was also told on Wednesday that i would recieve in the post recorded delivery the CD of our conversation on the phone, guess what SURPRISE SURPRISE no cd yet !!!!!!!! :curse:
Oh and i have had a private message on my BE page from -windsor2 the marketing director with HIFX, which makes me think that they are not too happy with my post on here. TUFF!!!
Well if they hadn't mucked it up then i wouldn't be writting on here.
Again there customer service has left a bad taste.

annkc
publish!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

here is the update,

Got the CD today & listened to it, as far as HIFX is concerned as she mentioned the rate on the phone and i set the money order at 2cents higher due to the rate on the computer then i declined the rate that She mentioned. The person didnt say you can buy it now at this rate!!! that wasnt how i took it. Later i ask about buying there and then and was told i can call at any time to do this. Also i was told she contacted me later on that day as she could achieve that rate set but she didnt leave a message on my mobile and i dont have an answer service on my home phone which they knew about, so if a message had been left on any of the mobile numbers they have then we would have returned the call in the first instance also on the date i did not have any missed calls!!!!!!! Basically they only called the house phone and guess what we weren't in. we were at work.

But guess what the 2nd money order sent, they have now found, and they are happy to honer it. But we all know we,re not going to get that rate again for some time thats why there happy to do this. Also they did state that you can change the order at any time but they have only just got the one sent last August. The gist of it is that the phone line runs both ways and if you want to trade you need to be calling them to keep up to date with the rate. Its not up to them when you do this.
My point is i approached them for advice on what and when to do things.

So please beware when dealing if they tell you a rate on the phone that means that is the offer there and then.
so watch out!!!!

They have appologised for the inconvenience, but its just tuff!!!! is the result

annkc
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
publish!
Private messages should not be posted on the open forum, please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.