Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HIFX trouble!!!!

HIFX trouble!!!!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default HIFX trouble!!!!

Have any of you dealt with hifx when transfering money??
we set up a forward money order with them on the 19/08/07 and now they are saying they havent recieved anything :curse:.
I have copies of 3 faxes and 6 emails sent to ther office, i also sent 2 copies in the post of this money order set at a rate agreed on the phone. I cannot believe that they havent got any of it but they say they havent :curse:.
they have not been very professional in the way that they have dealt with this and they say that there is nothing we can do. This is costing us a lot of money and i am not happy with them.:curse::curse:

SOZ i just needed to get this off my chest as i find it hard to believe they havent recieved any of the above total bullshit!!!

rant over

annkc
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HIFX trouble!!!!

Originally Posted by annkc
Have any of you dealt with hifx when transfering money??
we set up a forward money order with them on the 19/08/07 and now they are saying they havent recieved anything :curse:.
I have copies of 3 faxes and 6 emails sent to ther office, i also sent 2 copies in the post of this money order set at a rate agreed on the phone. I cannot believe that they havent got any of it but they say they havent :curse:.
they have not been very professional in the way that they have dealt with this and they say that there is nothing we can do. This is costing us a lot of money and i am not happy with them.:curse::curse:

SOZ i just needed to get this off my chest as i find it hard to believe they havent recieved any of the above total bullshit!!!

rant over

annkc
I thought when you set up a forwards transfer you had to pay a deposit, 10% from memory. So did you pay the deposit? If so that would be your proof.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Generally I have found HIFX very good and we have used them on several occasions. However we did have an issue with one transfer when HIFX could not find the funds that we had sent to them. We checked with our bank that the transfer had been made and sent proof to HIFX. HIFX would not contact their bank to investigate which I thought was very poor service. The funds were eventually 'located' several stress filled days later.

Is the date of your forward dated tranfer the couple of days when the exchange rate went back up to around $2.50 to the pound? If it is then this is also when we had the problem with HIFX. I think that they were completely overloaded as we had terrible trouble getting through to them on the phone and then when we finally did conduct a deal the paperwork never arrived. Luckily we only lost a small amount on the exchange rate by the time we managed to repeat the deal.

HIFX also tell you that all phone conversations are recorded so it might be possible to confirm the transaction that way?

Last edited by yanH; Feb 26th 2008 at 10:36 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

HiFx are theiving s*ds IMO.

On the day we transferred our money, we faxed through all the docs including details of where to pay it to and proof of money being sent. I rang their offices to confirm they had recieved them all and asked them to tell me what they had to make sure it was all there and read it out. Everything was there and in order.

Got to Adelaide and went to activate the bank account - no money! It took 2 days to find out where it was - HiFx had it. They hadn't sent as they were now claiming they hadn't received the docs!!! I went nuts, beyond nuts. Ten days later we finally received the money, plus we demanded lost interest, cost of phone calls/ transport to banks to sort matter out plus inconvenience/ stress compensation. We got that but it was so stressful to be here with no idea where your money was or how long it would take to get here. We came with enough money to last us about a week and had to stretch that out to 2 weeks by the time the cash came through. I didn't sleep, felt sick and it was a stress we hadn't thought of and didn't need!!

Our bank here were really good but couldn't do anything until the money was recived at the holding account so it could be tracked. According to our bank, they have previous for this kind of thing and most probably will do it again.

Libby
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I use Ozforex. Never had any trouble with them.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

We used HiFX to transfer all our funds and had no problems with them at all. They were fab.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Trish
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default As an alternative..............

I use Abbey National Building Society or Abbey as they are now named.

Superb rapid service and no twatting around with third parties.

Out from one bank/building society in to another receiving bank.

Done both in Oz and NZ.

Bosh.

Sorted.

NG
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:48 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I use Ozforex. Always been good and get a christmas message from Mat Gilmour every year to boot!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I found HIFX fantastic - but that was 2 years ago.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:52 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As an alternative..............

According to Ozforex this precise date was when the exchange rate was as it's most recent peak of around 2.52 - seems very VERY dodgy to me that they have now can't find a record of your rate booking now the rate is 2.1 ish....

Push and push and complain and complain.....

Hope it all works out - is there an independant body you can go to - or threaten to go to? Financial ombudsman??

Graham
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I use Ozforex. Always been good and get a christmas message from Mat Gilmour every year to boot!
Does he just send you a message and not a gift?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:14 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Does he just send you a message and not a gift?
Weirdly for the last two years he told me a gift is on it's way and I am yet to receive one? What am I missing out on?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:34 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Weirdly for the last two years he told me a gift is on it's way and I am yet to receive one? What am I missing out on?
Got an iPod Nano from him this year...!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:35 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Me too... Been really good every time...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:44 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by DrWho
Got an iPod Nano from him this year...!
MATT GILMOUR ...WHERE ARE MY GIFTS!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.