hifx

Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default hifx

i arrived in oz last week, so i rang the uk branch of hifx to trade. he said i could not as i was out of the country.so i then rang sydney, they said i would have to fill in all the jargon and apply ther, ie, passport copy, house bill etc.
what a waste of space. when i was in uk i was told i would have no problems.so it looks like im a the start again
fed up:curse::curse:
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:03 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hifx

Originally Posted by tony s
i arrived in oz last week, so i rang the uk branch of hifx to trade. he said i could not as i was out of the country.so i then rang sydney, they said i would have to fill in all the jargon and apply ther, ie, passport copy, house bill etc.
what a waste of space. when i was in uk i was told i would have no problems.so it looks like im a the start again
What a pain-they should have made this totally clear-as if they had you would have at least had the chance to choose Ozforex instead which you can use either end!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tony s
Tony S,

I can only apologise that you were not informed about registering with our Sydney office before you left the UK. Although we make every effort to ensure that this is clearly explained to all of our clients, there are rare occasions when this does not happen, and I completely understand your frustration at being asked to go through the process again.

The reason why we ask for clients to register with our Sydney office is for their protection. The Australian market is regulated, and we therefore comply with the guidelines set out by ASIC (encompassing anti-money laundering regulations). This process can be carried out whilst clients are still in the UK, so that you can trade with our Australian office as soon as you arrive.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are continually trying to improve our service and make it as user friendly as possible. Should you have any further questions then please feel free to contact myself, or indeed my colleagues in Australia.

Kind regards,

Richard, HiFX
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Cant you get your money back and go with Ozforex???
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:38 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Windsor2
Tony S,

I can only apologise that you were not informed about registering with our Sydney office before you left the UK. Although we make every effort to ensure that this is clearly explained to all of our clients, there are rare occasions when this does not happen, and I completely understand your frustration at being asked to go through the process again.

The reason why we ask for clients to register with our Sydney office is for their protection. The Australian market is regulated, and we therefore comply with the guidelines set out by ASIC (encompassing anti-money laundering regulations). This process can be carried out whilst clients are still in the UK, so that you can trade with our Australian office as soon as you arrive.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are continually trying to improve our service and make it as user friendly as possible. Should you have any further questions then please feel free to contact myself, or indeed my colleagues in Australia.

Kind regards,

Richard, HiFX
I spoke to 3 of your associates and only when I asked the question, was it made clear that an australian transfer would have to be done through Sydney and only when asked again was I told I would have to re apply in OZ.
In the interest of improving you should make your operatives state this clearly, I only asked as I Know we will be in OZ before our house sells or we may rent to which the person then pursued me in setting up a monthly transfer account of possible rent, although they were knowledgable in all areas asked.
Hifx promise a good service, and ultimately you pursue our deposits from the UK, which are no use if you will be in OZ.
As for you tony always ask, nobody in the money game does anything for nothing.
M&M
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:59 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future

Hi Tony,

I believe if you arrange the deal while you are in the UK (i.e. a forward contract), you can still mature this will you are in Oz without registering with the Sydney office (as you were a UK resident when you arranged the deal - that's what we did with HiFX anyway and had no problem. I suppose it depends if you are looking for a spot deal or a forward contract.

By the way though - we too were not told of the requirement to register with the Sydney office for new deals on arrival in Oz until we were already here so it was just lucky that we could continue with the forward contract already arrange.

Other than that though we have been very happy with the HiFX service.

Hope this helps,

Jane
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hi. So glad you raised this. We were going to use HIFX and have registered with them. Only delayed so long now because of the rubbish exchange rate. Anyhows, we were never told about this either, and we leave in 2 weeks, and were planning on doing our transfer when in Aus now rather than UK, as I can't imagine a good improvement before we leave.

Best start sorting out a Oxforex account instead.

Cheers

KAREN
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Darren_Karen
Hi. So glad you raised this. We were going to use HIFX and have registered with them. Only delayed so long now because of the rubbish exchange rate. Anyhows, we were never told about this either, and we leave in 2 weeks, and were planning on doing our transfer when in Aus now rather than UK, as I can't imagine a good improvement before we leave.

Best start sorting out a Oxforex account instead.

Cheers

KAREN
Karen,

It is very easy to set up an account with our Sydney office whilst you are still here in the UK, and we can ask them to contact you once you arrive in Australia. The process is exactly the same but I would suggest you speak to your UK bank before going to work out the easiest way of transferring your money to a broker.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us,

Thank,

Richard, HiFX.