Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi could someone help me with info

hi could someone help me with info

Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

darrenmcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi could someone help me with info

Hi im interested in moving to oz myself girlfriend and 2 year old son. We dont know what visa to apply for as there are so many. We have family who our australian citziens and they will set me up with a job and my gf is a nurse. We want to go for 6 months to a year before we make the final decision on whether to emigrate or go home as i say we will be looking to work and also enjoy oz we can stay with family. Just looking any info possible because bit stuck atm. Thanks in advance guys.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi could someone help me with info

If you are not sure if you want it to be a permanent move, then I would suggest your partner looks at applying for jobs as a nurse. This may result in a temporary visa known as a 457. I don't normally recomend 457 as it is temporary and come with restrictions such as it is tied to the employer, so if she were to lose her job, you only have 90 days to find another or leave the country. Also, be aware that the partners of 457 holders can find it more difficult to find work. But, from what you have posted it may be the better option. She would need to check she is eligible for APHRA registration.