Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi to all from Mount Nasura Perth

Hi to all from Mount Nasura Perth

Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suz
It still feels a bit unreal but am at the moment sitting in our bedroom looking out of the patio doors watching everyone having fun in the pool with the palm trees swaying in the breeze, what could I get for roughly £90,000 back home, a one bed flat maybe, I realise that houses are not everything but the kids think they are in paradise, that is priceless. All I can say is that its not all a bed of roses, if you think you know what you will spend once you get here all I can say is double it and you should be ok. the schools we chose (state) are good and have a good reputation locally, the head of yr 10 spent the whole morning with my daughter and myself going through the whole process and options lovely man, compared to the head at her school in the uk, he could barely give me eye contact let alone a coversation.
We will see in a years time how we feel, hopefully we will continue to be very pleased with our move.

Renth Ditchling Beacon :

Hi to Donna and Chris, if you are in the area pop in give us a pm.

Suz
Hi,

Wow..........£90k for a house with a pool, really does sound like paradise. Same in Lindfield is going to be £500k I think !!!

Sorry for being nosey - but what else does the house have ?....how many beds, double garage ?.....rumpus room ?

Where abouts in Perth are you and what is the name of the "good" school you are using....how far is it from home - can the children walk it ?

Pleeeeeese tell me more as it sounds wonderful.....are you and your partner sorted out for work ?

Have a great Christmas - just think it's better to be sitting in some nice shade in a t shirt than scraping ice off the car as I was this morning.

well done "!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:01 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Olibeneli,

In Answer to yr questions, dont worry, I was the same not so long a ago! The Bungalow is not new, 50s brick and tile, 4 bed, 3 receps, although the sitting room is not very big at all and 1 shower room 1 toilet, no ensuite, which we will put in next yr, kitchen is old and although we can make do for now is badly laid out and smelly!!!we will replace. plus there is a garage and pos sleepout and small pool room.

Allot of people said Armadale was not a good area, sure there are not so good bits but Mt Nasura is just to the left and in the hills, the views are lovely, shopping centre in Armadale is good plus 30 mins to city and 25 mins to freemantle, good road links, plus you have the train. I think we have chosen ok.

Kids are at Armadale Primary and my eldest is at Kelmscott Senior High, that just got recognised as one of the most improved schools in Australia ( well is one of 3 finalists)

Hope this helps
Suz