British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hi to all from Mount Nasura Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hi-all-mount-nasura-perth-194967/)

suz Dec 4th 2003 1:24 pm

Hi to all from Mount Nasura Perth

Well, here we are at last, arrived 10th Nov put an offer in on house 12th accepted 13th moved in 28th. There is so much to do when you first arrive and it takes time as everything is new, thank god for the UBD Map, have had to hire some furniture as there are delays with the shipping!!!!! Barney the dog came out of quarantine yesterday, he seems fine, apart from he's lost his voice!!!!! barking so much in the kennels. Anyway this will be just a quickie as we only just managed to get back online.
If anyone wants any info feel free to ask.

Suz

The Thorpes Dec 4th 2003 1:31 pm

Re: Hi to all from Mount Nasura Perth

Hi Suz

Glad you all arrived ok, I'd been wondering what had happened to you and how you were settling in. You've been very quick off the mark with your house-buying - no hanging about!!!!:)

Let us know more when you get the chance, hope it all goes well.

Sam

suz Dec 4th 2003 1:41 pm

Originally posted by The Thorpes
Hi Suz

Glad you all arrived ok, I'd been wondering what had happened to you and how you were settling in. You've been very quick off the mark with your house-buying - no hanging about!!!!:)

Let us know more when you get the chance, hope it all goes well.

Sam
Hi Sam,
How are you doing? Yep no messing around, mainly wanted to get the kids settled in school before the long holidays and could'nt stand the thought of renting, very pleased so far, mortgage free feels good, not so much pressure.

Suz

S Oldfield Dec 4th 2003 1:50 pm

Glad you have arrived safetly and settled in.
From the start of the proccess how long did it take before you got your yellow envelope

The Thorpes Dec 4th 2003 1:52 pm

Hi again

I'm sure it will be nice to get into your own home and personally I feel I would settle quicker just being in my own place. How did you decide on Mount Nasura, was it just a case of seeing the right house? Did you stopover anywhere on the way to Perth?

You'll be glad to know its really cold today, overcast and with a really chilly wind and to add to that its dark by 4pm!!!

I'm just off to do the school run, so I'll check in again later. You must be off to bed soon, aren't you? :zzz:

All the best for now

Sam

renth Dec 4th 2003 11:20 pm

Originally posted by suz
Well, here we are at last, arrived 10th Nov put an offer in on house 12th accepted 13th moved in 28th. There is so much to do when you first arrive and it takes time as everything is new, thank god for the UBD Map, have had to hire some furniture as there are delays with the shipping!!!!! Barney the dog came out of quarantine yesterday, he seems fine, apart from he's lost his voice!!!!! barking so much in the kennels. Anyway this will be just a quickie as we only just managed to get back online.

Suz
Mount Nasura? it must be a bit like living next to Ditchling Beacon, but warmer!

Olibeneli Dec 4th 2003 11:25 pm

Originally posted by suz

Suz
Hi......glad you made it OK.
Pleeeeese tell me how good your house is....what do you get for the money you paid.

Do you have kids schools to sort out - if so where and what are they like?

cheers

bussie Dec 4th 2003 11:32 pm

suz you need to change your location now heheheeheheh
and were is Mount Nasura

wish i could be mortgage free just seem to keep spending money left right and center

we will have a nice sum to put towards a house but will still have to have a mortgage

:(

Jirrupin Dec 5th 2003 2:14 am

Originally posted by bussie
and were is Mount Nasura
:(

Mount Nasura is a suburb next to Armadale and Kelmscott, South East of Perth, down Albany Highway (if your familiar with the road network).

bussie Dec 6th 2003 12:35 am

yep i know it thanks

suz Dec 6th 2003 8:21 am

It still feels a bit unreal but am at the moment sitting in our bedroom looking out of the patio doors watching everyone having fun in the pool with the palm trees swaying in the breeze, what could I get for roughly £90,000 back home, a one bed flat maybe, I realise that houses are not everything but the kids think they are in paradise, that is priceless. All I can say is that its not all a bed of roses, if you think you know what you will spend once you get here all I can say is double it and you should be ok. the schools we chose (state) are good and have a good reputation locally, the head of yr 10 spent the whole morning with my daughter and myself going through the whole process and options lovely man, compared to the head at her school in the uk, he could barely give me eye contact let alone a coversation.
We will see in a years time how we feel, hopefully we will continue to be very pleased with our move.

Renth Ditchling Beacon :D :

Hi to Donna and Chris, if you are in the area pop in give us a pm.

Suz

cherry6 Dec 6th 2003 8:28 am

the kids think they are in paradise, that is priceless
My thoughts exactly.

footie chick Dec 6th 2003 8:30 am

Originally posted by suz

Suz

Hi Suz

Glad everything has gone relatively smooth for you all. The house sounds great and it is good that the kids are all settled.

Enjoy your new lives in Perth.

footie chick

tinaj Dec 6th 2003 10:52 am

Great to hear from you Suz. It sounds like you have settled in really quickly and have everything sorted, well done, what an achievement to have bought a house already.

Bets of luck for the future.

Tina

suz Dec 8th 2003 1:33 am

Hi Tina and Footie,

Thanks for that, its just nice to be here finally, at least we got it all done before christmas and the kids have made some buddies at school before they break up for the hols, maybe then we can sit back and relax and have a good christmas, have to admit to not really being in a christmas mood in the heat but will no doubt get into the swing of it all, loads of festive things going on, hope all is going to plan with you both.
Have a good Christmas
Suzanne