Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi to all da poms waiting 4 a life down under-question about aussie banks?

Hi to all da poms waiting 4 a life down under-question about aussie banks?

Old May 3rd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Hi to all da poms waiting 4 a life down under-question about aussie banks?

Hi, we have just sent our application for a PR visa to our agency-hope to be a May applicant!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on when and how the best way to open an aussie bank account? We are looking for a good exchange rate etc...?

any info would be great!!

Myself, my hubbie and 2 kids are heading to Perth on my visa as a nurse!!
Feel free to chat anytime!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi to all da poms waiting 4 a life down under-question about aussie banks?

Originally Posted by flossie22

Hi, we have just sent our application for a PR visa to our agency-hope to be a May applicant!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on when and how the best way to open an aussie bank account? We are looking for a good exchange rate etc...?

any info would be great!!

Myself, my hubbie and 2 kids are heading to Perth on my visa as a nurse!!
Feel free to chat anytime!!
You can open an account via post/telephone with both ANZ and Westpac whilst still in the UK or you can open an account with the Commonwealth Bank in the UK and they'll transfer it across for you (google 'the migrant bank' and it will come up, don't just go into a branch as the chances are they won't have a clue )

ANZ took 7 days to post all our account details back to us once they'd received the forms. Not sure how long Westpac take. You can't withdraw any cash until you visit a branch once you arrive but you can make deposits.

To transfer cash you'll get a better rate by using a transfer company, we used www.ozforex.com our money was in our Australian bank within 48 hours of instructing them to change it and their customer service was fantastic
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hi to all da poms waiting 4 a life down under-question about aussie banks?

Hi WEndy,

Thanx fore the reply. I will look into that! Are you already in Aus then?
Cheryl
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flossie22
Hi WEndy,

Thanx fore the reply. I will look into that! Are you already in Aus then?
Cheryl

Yes, we arrived last July.