Melbourne or Gold Coast / Brisbane

Melbourne or Gold Coast / Brisbane

Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

frazzles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne or Gold Coast / Brisbane

Hi All

I'm sure this has been asked before but has anyone moved from Melbourne
to Gold Coast or Brisbane suburbs? What were the pros and cons of doing so?

We live in Melbourne at the moment and have been here for 2.5 years, we have visited the Gold Coast for holidays quite a few time and love it up there.

We are considering a move, but don't want to rush into anything and also have the problem that the kids have settled here, made friends etc and probably don't want to move again - might be able to bribe them

If anyone has made the move it would be great to hear their experiences
Thanks
Frazzles
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Melbourne or Gold Coast / Brisbane

Has no-one moved from Melbourne to Gold Coast
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frazzles
Has no-one moved from Melbourne to Gold Coast
Why would anyone want to move away from the best city in Australia
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:20 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Ha ha - I wondered who was going to post that first!!!!

Buzzy
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Melbourne or Gold Coast / Brisbane

Hope you don't mind me asking but why is Melbourne the best city in Oz? We're in WA at the moment but don't want to be here forever and are not sure whether to choose Melbourne or the Gold Coast.
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:05 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Melbourne wins hands down if you like wearing winter clothing.
Gold Coast wins hands down if you like a great all year round climate.

Melbourne was our 2nd place to stay if we didnt settle on the coast as we're used to city life,but so far we love it here.

Its a nice dilema to have.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Warmer weather, sun, sea, white sandy beaches and friendlier people!
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frazzles
Warmer weather, sun, sea, white sandy beaches and friendlier people!
Wow, you haven't found the people of Melbourne friendly? I have to say it is one of the friendliest cities I have ever visited (IMHO). I'm not a big beach person so that isn't something I have looked for but I love Melbourne because there is always something happening in the city. If hustle and bustle isn't your thing there are plenty of beautiful rural areas to visit as well Oh, and did I mention the people rock down here? Hardly a day goes by without a few chats with complete strangers out in the streets