Hi All

Old Apr 9th 2003, 12:44 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

This thread should be required reading for those plannng to emigrate. Perhaps it will help reduce the attacks on the 'negative' posters.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 1:44 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi All

Originally posted by bored_bean
Surely the problem is big city living. I've stayed with friends 2 hours from Melbourne who didn't have the lifestyle you mention. If you lived in a similar sized city in Europe would it be any better? There are selfish people everywhere and the more anonymous the society (ie the bigger) the more badly behaved they are. I would argue then, that given Australia's sparse population, that such problems exist in small areas and there are huge areas without these problems.

Fellow human beings, you can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em!
Yes there are selfish people everywhere, but the idiots in cars thing is particularly prevailent in Australia. They just love the sound of squeeling tyres and a screeming engine. The later at night the better. We are forced to wear ear plugs in North Sydney as its the streets are like a race track once its 2am. And North Sydney is regarded as a civilised and quiet neighbourhood.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jopaulss
Well we see everything still the same on here. Havent been on now since we left the UK in september i think , have had a peep every now and then.
Have met alot of you guys who are out here and we have some really great friends and i we have to say , you really need your friends here. I am not going to moan moan moan , but hey its not a bed of roses out here. There really are some serious issues here and i think that you sometimes still need to remind yourselves of that. We are renting in Hillays , oh yes as i have read peoples posts on here, such a lovely place to live. Well yes it is most of the time like everywhere else , we have nights and nights of jerks speeding around in cars it can be very un nerving at times . We had our car smashed into outside the house in the first month!!! Good old hillarys hey . We have just had a child molester caught who has been prowling whitfords shopping centre since january caught , he was actually touching 6 and 9 yr old children in the toy department of big ws . Most of the time we are happy with our life here , we came very open minded , grass is not greener on the other side !!! but we where a little shocked i have to say and a little disapointed at times . We do miss home and people , you realize what you had when its gone , some of do anyway . Once you arrive and you get out of holiday mode it will sink in . In hillarys since xmas we have had two murders reckless no motives for either , very frightning at times. My son came across syringes on the floor in padbury , grub its not a bed of roses anywhere i have to say, he stays at his mates in padbury and he comes home and tells us about all the cars doing the burn outs at night , we all have it , padbury , hillarys , sorrento , kallaroo everywhere. We will plod on , but our daughter was exposed to something here in our first month in hillarys , and i have to say my expectations of perth hit the bottom , she is 10 , and this should not happen here or anywhere.Just come with an open mind , enjoy and we hope you all have perhaps better luck than we have had.
Joanne xxxxxx
hope things work out for you better in the future...
Old Apr 9th 2003, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

As an expat Australian I would have to say that I am surprised as how things have changed crimewise in Australia over the past 10 years.

The truth is it seems like there is a lot of petty crime such as granny bashing done by junkies looking for money for their next fix. I think that is pretty much the norm in capital cities Australia wise. These junkies don't care where they leave their empty syringes and for some reason we are meant to feel sorry for them because they can't helpthat they are addicted.

Re the Asian gangs, there activities are well documented and whoever said that their hubby was having word with one of them hit it on the head when she said they never operate alone. That has been one of the biggest problems with immigration, the triads have moved into Australia.

As for the squealing tyres, yep have suffered that in Adelaide as well. But then again we get the drag racers here in San Diego as well. Seems like these petrol heads have nothing better to do with their lives.

All I can say it's not like the good old days when we were young and we could sleep with the doors and windows open.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jopaulss
Well we see everything still the same on here. Havent been on now since we left the UK in september i think , have had a peep every now and then.
Have met alot of you guys who are out here and we have some really great friends and i we have to say , you really need your friends here. I am not going to moan moan moan , but hey its not a bed of roses out here. There really are some serious issues here and i think that you sometimes still need to remind yourselves of that. We are renting in Hillays , oh yes as i have read peoples posts on here, such a lovely place to live. Well yes it is most of the time like everywhere else , we have nights and nights of jerks speeding around in cars it can be very un nerving at times . We had our car smashed into outside the house in the first month!!! Good old hillarys hey . We have just had a child molester caught who has been prowling whitfords shopping centre since january caught , he was actually touching 6 and 9 yr old children in the toy department of big ws . Most of the time we are happy with our life here , we came very open minded , grass is not greener on the other side !!! but we where a little shocked i have to say and a little disapointed at times . We do miss home and people , you realize what you had when its gone , some of do anyway . Once you arrive and you get out of holiday mode it will sink in . In hillarys since xmas we have had two murders reckless no motives for either , very frightning at times. My son came across syringes on the floor in padbury , grub its not a bed of roses anywhere i have to say, he stays at his mates in padbury and he comes home and tells us about all the cars doing the burn outs at night , we all have it , padbury , hillarys , sorrento , kallaroo everywhere. We will plod on , but our daughter was exposed to something here in our first month in hillarys , and i have to say my expectations of perth hit the bottom , she is 10 , and this should not happen here or anywhere.Just come with an open mind , enjoy and we hope you all have perhaps better luck than we have had.
Joanne xxxxxx
Hi Joanne,
Nice to hear from you again, its true what you say about the holiday period etc, the the real life takes over and we all have to carry on doing the mundane things like work and school etc so really its much like home but with sunshine, except your friends arn't round the corner anymore. We've been here for over 4 months now and we've settled in an established quiet suburb in the Hills district of Sydney called Kings Langley. We've just bought our own house, up to now been renting in the area, so hoping we will settle. Was very homesick, especially at Christmas, even though my parents are here! Never underestimate how much you'll miss people and routines. Must admit the violent crimes are a bit shocking when you hear about them, and the teenage gangs, but then again, as someone said before, thats the price you pay for living in cities. The kids have settled well, made loads of new friends, joined soccer clubs and I hardly see them because they're always outside playing, makes a change from prising them away from the playstation, and they don't watch much TV here because its rubbbish interspersed every 5 minutes with hours of adverts! (I know I'm sad but Coronation Street is sorely missed). We miss our friends and family in the UK, but I'm not moaning, just taking one day at a time and a walk round Sydney Harbour make us remember why we moved here. Chin up Jo, remember why you moved and things can only get better.
Sue
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Joanne Jaqui and Sues Negative comments are the ones I get most value from.
It's the ATTACKS from the TROLLS who can't help but insult and patronise the posters on this site that I object to.
Yes we need negatives,
No we don't need attacking with patronising insults
PB and Dotty contradict and change there stance quite regularily just to be able to piss someone off.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:12 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NinaU

Get used to life without domestic help (no cook, maid, nanny). Do everything myself.

........and the list goes on and on.

Nina

Sorry about this but I can't resist! Mrs Brox feels deep sympathy for you in your hour of need, but She is sure that after a while even the most taxing of domestic chore's will soon become routine for you. If you need any help or advice regarding the washing and ironing please post a thread and I'm sure you will get plenty of replies!!
P.S Only taking the urine!!
Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brox
Sorry about this but I can't resist! Mrs Brox feels deep sympathy for you in your hour of need, but She is sure that after a while even the most taxing of domestic chore's will soon become routine for you. If you need any help or advice regarding the washing and ironing please post a thread and I'm sure you will get plenty of replies!!
P.S Only taking the urine!!
HA HA!!. V. Funny. Thanks. I would gladly welcome some tips on ironing please. I plan to change our wardrobe to include entirely crinkle free clothes and also the same for all our linen!!!

Actually I don't mind the domestic chores at all - provided I am not working my .......off in office also. Doing both can be taxing.
It is just that after so many years of leading an expat life- all these comforts are taken for granted. Anyway I have till 2005 to get used to life minus these comforts. So shall pack off the domestic helps in the house in mid 2005 and start doing things ourselves!!!

Cheers
Nina
Old Apr 12th 2003, 9:12 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NinaU
HA HA!!. V. Funny. Thanks. I would gladly welcome some tips on ironing please. I plan to change our wardrobe to include entirely crinkle free clothes and also the same for all our linen!!!

Actually I don't mind the domestic chores at all - provided I am not working my .......off in office also. Doing both can be taxing.
It is just that after so many years of leading an expat life- all these comforts are taken for granted. Anyway I have till 2005 to get used to life minus these comforts. So shall pack off the domestic helps in the house in mid 2005 and start doing things ourselves!!!

We are so glad you took the remarks in the way they were sent! We have enuf enemies among the trolls