Hi!

Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of
Default Hi!

Just a general hi to introduce myself to any regulars here.

We've just got TRA stuff off and are keeping our fingers crossed that we are successful. We pass the pool mark, but not the points test, so are looking for State Nom. to either SA or Vic.

Any info. 'bout those states welcome :0)
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi!

Originally posted by dottyspots

We've just got TRA stuff off and are keeping our fingers crossed that we are successful. We pass the pool mark, but not the points test, so are looking for State Nom. to either SA or Vic.

Hi ya!!

Welcome to the forum.....I havent been coming here long, but have found it to be a fantastic site for information....The people here all seem wonderful and are always happy to help whenever you have any problems.

I dont know much about the visa you have applied for (My husband is waiting to put his spouse visa in right now), but I am an Aussie living in the UK and if I can help with anything, dont hesitate to ask.

Hels
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:19 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!!

I too, have done a spouse visa but there are heaps of people on ere who have done the same one as you. Give them a chance to wake up and I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.

Welcome again, hope you find all you need!

Siren
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:48 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to say WELCOME Dottyspots
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:14 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Welcome.

Ditto what Hels said about the forum.

Paul.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:25 am
Shaun&MIchelle

michellecarre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi not been using this site long myself, but found it very useful, but also see the other side of the picture as Australia is not Utopia!! We are looking at the State Nominated Visa too, is it the 3 year termporary one that you are doing. We are hoping to go to WA although the regions are not clear there yet, but we think anywhere outside of the metropolitan area.

We are just in the process of putting all TRA things together, my husband is an electrican and it is taking a while! Are you using a migration agent?

We had 115 points which we thought was fine - and then they put the points up to 120
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Snap - we had 115 too, then it went up

The info. I have from DMIA is that only Vic, SA and Tas do State Nom.? You have to stay in the nominated state for 2 years - but that's no probs. because we wanted to move to either Vic or SA anyway.

Collecting the evidence for TRA does take ages. dh is self employed so had to make a stat. dec. and to further complicate matters has no formal qualifications - he's a damn good plasterer, but learnt it 'on-the-job'.

So fingers crossed that he gets in on experience and references!

Originally posted by michellecarre
Hi not been using this site long myself, but found it very useful, but also see the other side of the picture as Australia is not Utopia!! We are looking at the State Nominated Visa too, is it the 3 year termporary one that you are doing. We are hoping to go to WA although the regions are not clear there yet, but we think anywhere outside of the metropolitan area.

We are just in the process of putting all TRA things together, my husband is an electrican and it is taking a while! Are you using a migration agent?

We had 115 points which we thought was fine - and then they put the points up to 120
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome folks!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks for the welcome

Hi Dottyspots, welcome to the forum! TRA's a nightmare isn't it, the stress!!! Glad you got it send off, will keep fingers crossed!

Hey Michellecarre, my husband's electrician too!

How far are you putting together the stuff?
We're not that far at all... Hubby's booked C&G 2381 course + exam in September and the JIB health&safety assessment. And all that just to renew his JIB card which had expired. He's been sparking for over 15 years but thought TRA chances would be better with membership of trade organisation. What about yours?
Now need to contact all previous employers which are in UK, Hongkong, Australia and Holland. Nightmare!!! First we are writing the statements ourselves to make sure nothing is forgotten to be mentioned than we offer it to them to edit, print & sign. Current employer has no idea what we're up to, he's just laid off 4 people because bussiness is slow. So his signature will be the last to ask...

Good luck to you both!!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:10 am
Shaun&MIchelle

Snap - we had 115 too, then it went up

The info. I have from DMIA is that only Vic, SA and Tas do State Nom.? You have to stay in the nominated state for 2 years - but that's no probs. because we wanted to move to either Vic or SA anyway.

Collecting the evidence for TRA does take ages. dh is self employed so had to make a stat. dec. and to further complicate matters has no formal qualifications - he's a damn good plasterer, but learnt it 'on-the-job'.

So fingers crossed that he gets in on experience and references!
Hi

According to our migration agent (Concept Australia) they have spoken to the WA Govenment and they will be taking part, and have hired a consultant and more details will be out soon. Never been to any other part of Oz except Perth, so don't really know about any others.

My husband is now self employed, which your right does make more work, does have formal qualifications but still has to have proof of work.

Good luck with your TRA let us know when you get the results!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:16 am
Shaun&MIchelle

Originally posted by marleintje
Hi Dottyspots, welcome to the forum! TRA's a nightmare isn't it, the stress!!! Glad you got it send off, will keep fingers crossed!

Hey Michellecarre, my husband's electrician too!

How far are you putting together the stuff?
We're not that far at all... Hubby's booked C&G 2381 course + exam in September and the JIB health&safety assessment. And all that just to renew his JIB card which had expired. He's been sparking for over 15 years but thought TRA chances would be better with membership of trade organisation. What about yours?
Now need to contact all previous employers which are in UK, Hongkong, Australia and Holland. Nightmare!!! First we are writing the statements ourselves to make sure nothing is forgotten to be mentioned than we offer it to them to edit, print & sign. Current employer has no idea what we're up to, he's just laid off 4 people because bussiness is slow. So his signature will be the last to ask...

Good luck to you both!!!
Hi, sounds like your at about the same stage as us. We are writing all the statements ourselves and then going to get employers to sign (I hope!). Luckily he has only worked for 2 employers and has been self employed for the last 9 years. He will be very interested to read this, he is desperate to talk to other electricians trying to get in. Where abouts are you looking to settle?

He thought the same about trade organisation, think he is a member of NACAS whatever that means, all double dutch to me. Very stressful time though, my head seems to be spinning. I was all excited but seem to read so much negative stuff on this site!! Good luck anyway, let me know how you are getting on.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

That is interesting - we've not used a migration agent - but I guess it's for 'inside' info. like that that they're handy!

My friend's sister is in the process of moving back to Perth - apparently it's a lovely place but very windy (?)

dh wrote a full description of the process of plastering etc. (I typed it, with extensive checking - his writing's atrocious!), he's previous two employers are uncontactable, so he had to state that too. We included certified copy of a letter from Inland Revenue with his work history (they only went back to 1997), plus confirmation of their records of his self-employed status, plus certified photocopy of his CIS reg. card (when he subs), plus 3 client references, one from a building firm he has done a lot of work for recently - so they can be contacted for further info. atleast.

There's a backlog on assessment, so unlikely to hear anything before October - it's the waiting that's the hardest thing so far!

Nikki.x.

Hi

According to our migration agent (Concept Australia) they have spoken to the WA Govenment and they will be taking part, and have hired a consultant and more details will be out soon. Never been to any other part of Oz except Perth, so don't really know about any others.

My husband is now self employed, which your right does make more work, does have formal qualifications but still has to have proof of work.

Good luck with your TRA let us know when you get the results!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sounds like your at about the same stage as us. We are writing all the statements ourselves and then going to get employers to sign (I hope!). Luckily he has only worked for 2 employers and has been self employed for the last 9 years. He will be very interested to read this, he is desperate to talk to other electricians trying to get in. Where abouts are you looking to settle?

He thought the same about trade organisation, think he is a member of NACAS whatever that means, all double dutch to me. Very stressful time though, my head seems to be spinning. I was all excited but seem to read so much negative stuff on this site!! Good luck anyway, let me know how you are getting on.
We're thinking about somewhere on the eastcoast, that's where our relatives and friends all live, nice climate and all... That's if sponsorship and assurance work out. An alternative would be Tas or SA with STNI. We still have lots of time to sort stuff out...

Have sent you a PM, we could share some info and tips and help eachother! Hubby's not much of an internet user though, but that could change if he meets another electrician in the same situation!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:37 am
Shaun&MIchelle

Originally posted by marleintje
We're thinking about somewhere on the eastcoast, that's where our relatives and friends all live, nice climate and all... That's if sponsorship and assurance work out. An alternative would be Tas or SA with STNI. We still have lots of time to sort stuff out...

Have sent you a PM, we could share some info and tips and help eachother! Hubby's not much of an internet user though, but that could change if he meets another electrician in the same situation!
Ok look forward to pm when I get home - at work now, or supposed to be working anyway!! I am sure Shaun (my hubby) will have loads of questions re TRA, City and Guilds etc. My geography is terrible though, only really know WA you would have to actually tell me names of places. Hopefully speak later
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:37 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello dottyspots!

Not sure whether you know that depending on occupation and the existence of formal qualifications you can apply for a State Nomination from the Skilled Migration Unit in Melbourne BEFORE you obtain the skills assessment classification (unlike SA, where you must have the classification before you seek a State Nomination).

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.