Hgv driver

Old Apr 17th 2022, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hgv driver

Hi i am a hgv driver in England. I'm thinking about going to Australia as an hgv driver. Would my licence work there ?. If not what would I have to do ?. Is there much work for this type of job ?. Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2022, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hgv driver

Originally Posted by craig25
Hi i am a hgv driver in England. I'm thinking about going to Australia as an hgv driver. Would my licence work there ?. If not what would I have to do ?. Is there much work for this type of job ?. Thanks.
First thing you would need to do is see if your skill will actually get you a visa, and I think I'm right in seeing HGV driver is not on any lists, and hasn't been for some years, as there are plenty of people onshore able to do the job. The place to start is
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/

As for the licence itself, each State and Territory has its own rules. Most will transfer car, and maybe motorcycle, licences but HGV is different, as are many of the trucks here, and you'd need to do some work to get that one,
Old Oct 31st 2022, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

IrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hgv driver

Plenty of jobs available for truck drivers although I'm not sure if they are on the skilled requirements list,

V8 Mack Pulling 175 Tonne,