Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

here in melbourne

here in melbourne

Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:25 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default here in melbourne

hello

i am craking up, posted on wrong forum???still jet lagged i think

We have been here in Melly now for 5 days, i am absolutely shattered, just got visas in our passports and registered for medi care, now in internet cafe trying to get a tax file number.

I have been surfing at Torquay beach and bought myself a surf board, a pink one aswell!!! Met up with Cas (who is lovely). Water was lovely and warm.

Having problems trying to find a place to rent tho' with our doggie, if anyone has any ideas please help, we want to live near the station and the beach, lookin at Chelsea, Mordy, mentone areas........seen some gorgeous houses and got accepted but then when we told them about the bow bow they say no??????? we have refs too....

Anyway its great here, looking forward to the womens night out on the 18th.

Our boxes have been sent to Brissy by accident so i am without pc etc.....

Just recieved an email about a job i applied for before i left the uk, so fingers x'd, JC starts work on the 14th, went to his office and its lovely..

take care to you all and i'll post more when i have my own pc set up again (cant wait)

laura
xxxxx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: here in melbourne

Welcome to sunny (erhum) Victoria!!

Errmmm, lie about the dog
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:36 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

hi hevs

the weather is shocking today isnt it?? my feet are soaked, and so are my jeans, we had to buy brollys!!

Yes we have made an executive desision to lie about the dog and if the l/lord needs to come over we will just take her out and put her stuff in the car boot.
I have heard that they cant just call round and that they have to give you notice for an inspection.

4 more viewings today, so hopefully will get one, looking at a nice one in Apsendale this evening.

hope to meet you soon hevs!!!

laura
xxxx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

good luck!

Not coming to girls night out as i've got prior arrangements, see you at the next one
Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:43 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Laura!!!

I am sure you will have plenty of chances yet to complain about the heat as opposed the crappy weather we are having at the moment!!

I would definatly lie about the dog as well. You are right that the landlord/agent have to give minimum 24 hrs notice before they can come to the property.

Hope things start to fall into place soon for you and will perhaps see you at the next meet.

Hels
xxx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:39 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hevs

Or dress her up in baby clothes and stick her in a pram.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Hi Laura,

I have been in Melbourne almost two weeks now. We are renting in Sandringham which I think is really nice - we also have a dog and two cats (currently in quarantine) but we were honest with the agents about the pets and did not encounter any problems....... Is your dog in quarantine now?

Good luck.

Louise
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Or dress her up in baby clothes and stick her in a pram.
Fab idea.

And if the neighbors ask any difficult questions, just tell 'em that everyone does that with their pets in Pommy-land as 1) we are a nation that's soppy about animals and 2) the weather's always so filthy....

Anya.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:37 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hey Laura!

Here at last! Welcome - & look forward to meeting you soon.

I just knew you'd like the surf beaches down at the Great Ocean Road - fab, aren't they?

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura

Welcome to Melbourne, we are living in Mentone, so might be neighbours! Send me a pm once you are settled and we can meet up for a coffee and chat.

God luck with the house viewings.

Mel