Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how did you post your application?

how did you post your application?

Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:21 am
WBB

Default how did you post your application?

we are in the final stages of collecting the documentation to support our spouse (de facto) visa application and hope to be sending it off to london next monday, the thing is i am a little concerned about the post office, they have lost a very important letter of mine in the past and also something which was sent to me from ebay.

this is something we do not want to lose :scared:

how did you send your application?

Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:24 am
Badge

Default Re: how did you post your application?

you could alway DHL it/ courier it?

I sent mine when I was IN australia - although it was an off-shore application..

badge

Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:24 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by welshboybilly
we are in the final stages of collecting the documentation to support our spouse (de facto) visa application and hope to be sending it off to london next monday, the thing is i am a little concerned about the post office, they have lost a very important letter of mine in the past and also something which was sent to me from ebay.

You can do special next day delivery that requires a signature, then it can be tracked. Where I work we often send important mail that way and it is guaranteed to be delivered before twelve!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

We sent ours in a Royal Mail Special Delivery Envelope and also enclosed another one with a return address so that they could send it back to us Special Delivery (and we also wanted to make sure it got back to us as it had him outdoors passport in it.

Took 20 days from the day we sent it to the day we received it back.

Regards
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Billy

we did exactly the same as Jaykay and had no probs at all.

cheers
booboo
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

WBB

Good advice from the others who beat me to it.

A similar thing for me is when I will soon be applying for a new passport (I have British as well as Australian). I'm 'out in the sticks' and can't lodge and pick up in person. I've read a lot about passports being stolen in the mail. Organised crime gangs are apparently moving into stealing passports, birth certificates etc. A work colleague had his house broken into a few months and they only stole his passports, his dead parents old passports and some birth certificates and bills - left the nice antiques, porcelain etc! The police said it happens quite frequently now. They can get at least £500 for a passport which they fit out with new photos, name etc.

Keep those documents hidden folks :scared:

OzTennis
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:21 am
WBB

ok thanks guys

looks like special delivery is the way to go.

just need to fill in all these bloody forms first.

Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:52 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi welshboybilly,
make sure you have a spare set to practice on & a good set, just in case you make a mistake.

It happens to all, on the simplest of questions.

I wouldn't trust the royal mail either.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks guys

looks like special delivery is the way to go.

just need to fill in all these bloody forms first.
We use UPS: ring them and they pick up from home. You can track every move via the tracking number until it's signed for, too.

Having said that, we had to send wife's fingerprints off a second time to the FBI since they rejected the first lot. We UPS'd them, they were signed for the next morning at 10am - and now the FBI can't find any record of ever receiving them!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

wbb we did it recorded delivery with the post office only took 3 days to get there have done it with all our stuff they needed never had any problems been quite pleased with the post office, also triplicated everything in case it got lost (paranoid or what)

arlene
still waiting to follow the yellow brick road
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:22 pm
WBB

Originally posted by markeh
Hi welshboybilly,
make sure you have a spare set to practice on & a good set, just in case you make a mistake.

It happens to all, on the simplest of questions.

I wouldn't trust the royal mail either.

Bye
Markeh

lol, i need more than one spare set, i have already been through 2 lots, good job you can print them out online.

only problem now is i have to replace my printer ink

Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:47 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

lol, i need more than one spare set, i have already been through 2 lots, good job you can print them out online.

only problem now is i have to replace my printer ink
hi billy.

just something else to point out, if you send them special (not sure about recorded) you can insure them as well. SO if it does get lost you at least get something back to help cover the costs. i'm not sure how much you get back, but it only adds a quid or two to the cost.

I sent all my skills assessment and main application off via international signed for, it's something like special delivery but international. everything got there no problems. It is a concern having to go through all that paperwork again just coz it was lost in the post!

I hope it all goes well, and good luck!

leigh
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:25 pm
Badge

hopefully the insurance will pay for some bugger at the GPO to fill in all your forms for you again!

Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:02 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rog Williams
We use UPS: ring them and they pick up from home. You can track every move via the tracking number until it's signed for, too.

We used UPS for anc stuff they even delivered a day earlier than they told I know its sad but enjoyed tracking the movement of the package to (5days including weekend ).

Sarah
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:09 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I stayed at a friends in Holborn, walked in and paid by credit card. You get a receipt which shows exactly when you applied. I was back at work in Byfleet by 11am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.