Reload this Page >

help on wich State to choose

help on wich State to choose

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

jenstejm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on wich State to choose

Hi everyone
Been reading this site for ages, but never posted a thread,so here goes. Me my hubby, who is in the glass trade,and two kids where all set to apply as soon as our skill assesment came back,when the points went up, and only having 115 like many others were stopped in our tracks.We can now apply for new viza out on 1st of July but have to decide on a state to apply to. We have a few freinds in perth so new what areas to try and the life style ect ect, now we are stuck with the decision of wich State to ask to nominate us, if anyone has any tips or advice of any of the states that apply wich are N.S.W, Victoria,South Australia,Queensland and Tazmania it would be much appreciated.
cheers
Jen
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help on wich State to choose

Originally posted by jenstejm
Hi everyone
Been reading this site for ages, but never posted a thread,so here goes. Me my hubby, who is in the glass trade,and two kids where all set to apply as soon as our skill assesment came back,when the points went up, and only having 115 like many others were stopped in our tracks.We can now apply for new viza out on 1st of July but have to decide on a state to apply to. We have a few freinds in perth so new what areas to try and the life style ect ect, now we are stuck with the decision of wich State to ask to nominate us, if anyone has any tips or advice of any of the states that apply wich are N.S.W, Victoria,South Australia,Queensland and Tazmania it would be much appreciated.
cheers
Jen
Check out the details of what you would like first and get a short list of a couple of states and then find out about the SIR in each.

If you are not interested in moving for 'better' weather, Taz will might be fine. Can you live 2/3 hrs from a beach then check the areas each state nominate for moving to? Does your moving rely on having a job - then check the vaibility of occupations in each area you are looking at.

We came in on general skills PR a year ago, I know we got in on my husbands skills as a printer, the best area for him is Melbourne and Vic suburbs or at a stretch Brisbane. My job is best suited to Sydney. He sells cars now and I do not like him working weekends, so I bitch about it....best go where you might be happy and state your preferences up front to each other before you make a move.

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

jenstejm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Sandra,do you have any regrets about moving over there?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help on wich State to choose

Originally posted by jenstejm
Hi everyone
cheers
Jen

Its got to be Southern Queensland , weather, life style, growing like billyo. Well thats my story and i'm stiking to it guv.

All the best
Signman Glen & family