Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP! What to do??? Am so confused.

HELP! What to do??? Am so confused.

Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default HELP! What to do??? Am so confused.

Hi all

Will try and cut a long story short - here goes...

Got our 176 visa in 2009, emigrated to Adelaide in the sept, moved in with so called friends while we try and find a rental, after being there 6 days they kicked us out on the streets, me, my hubby and 3 kids. Everything went downhill from there and we returned to UK 6 weeks later.

We now dont have our own house and will take years to get back on the housing ladder here in uk, so renting at the moment. My girls are 14, 12 and 3. Heres the problem!!!!!!!!!

I want to go back and try again but to queensland this time which we had planned for the last 6 years but had to change visa category at last minute- dont ask. Spoke to my agent and she said we could go to queensland if we wanted even though we on a state sponsorship visa - its our risk. But my hubby doesnt want to go back. He completely disheartened after what happened last time but we have just over 3 years left on our visa and dont want to miss the chance to go back.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Smile Re: HELP! What to do??? Am so confused.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your tough time before. I guess no one can answer your question. It's down to you n hubby to resolve. Personally I'd give it a go. You have nothing to lose in Uk. It can only be a better performance than last time. You only live once. Regret the things you tried not the things you didn't.

Have a good heart to heart with hubby. But ultimately you need to both want it to make it work. The visa thing I'm not sure about if you break the rules you may risk PR??? But I don't really know enough about ss visa someone else on here will for sure so maybe they can help.

Good luck with a difficult decision. Are the kids on side ? because that could help persuade OH.

Hope it turns out how you want it to.

Jo x
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! What to do??? Am so confused.

If your OH doesnt want to go and has got himself back on his feet in UK then dont force him. There is nothing magic that makes it a "must do" and if you screwed up the first time through no fault of your own (sorry you got so badly let down!!!) then you have to look at how much more you are prepared to lose by having another go and with some risk because it isnt what you officially signed up for. Getting on the property ladder is going to be no easier here.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

The last thing i want to do is force my husband but its been such a dream for us and to let it all go because of the bad luck we had first time round seems hasty. Its cost us alot of money and we lost our home (had to sell it for alot less as couldnt afford rent and mortgage) and i think that we should try it one more time but i would do things so differently this time. He did get a job straight away when we were there, only been there 3 days, he is a builder.

My eldest is not keen, she has just turned 14 but i think in a couple of years she will be leaving school ad planning what she wants to do with her life, there just more opportunity there for her then here.

I just wish they could see it how i do. I am the rock of the family, they all rely on me. Just dont want to let this chance slip us by before its to late.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone else in similar situation??? been to oz, came back to uk and now wants to go back to oz!!!

Glad to hear your stories.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sutty77
Anyone else in similar situation??? been to oz, came back to uk and now wants to go back to oz!!!

Glad to hear your stories.
I wonder if the expat that threw you out is reading this, did u ever get an explanation from them?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wonder if the expat that threw you out is reading this, did u ever get an explanation from them?
No explation what so ever. I gave her money for our keep, did cooking, washing and shopping etc. Then she had cheek to text me day after and tell me that she had put 2 bin bags of our stuff out on the streets what we had left - when my hubby went to get it, there it was - on the street accross road from her house!!!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:55 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I would prob say leave a year or so because australia is having it hard, the same as any other place, the building trade has gone quite bad where i live north of brisbane, there are loads of blocks of land for sale because people bought them but now the house prices are steady or even falling it is not worth putting a new house on it.
It is a difficult thing to chose, as your child would also find it hard to get a job as she has not completed any australian schools and obtained OP results or cert`s in anything of which the australian employers want to see, so she would most likely need to repeat some school years which will prob be very difficult for her.
We have been here 5.5 years and have decided to head back to UK to be able to see parents etc as our kids are missing them so much, also we feel our money would go further in the UK than here in OZ.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:15 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

No explation what so ever. I gave her money for our keep, did cooking, washing and shopping etc. Then she had cheek to text me day after and tell me that she had put 2 bin bags of our stuff out on the streets what we had left - when my hubby went to get it, there it was - on the street accross road from her house!!!
For an action that extreme there HAS to have been something that happened. This is a plot out of a soap here and I already have my suspicions!!
Never force someone to do something they do not want to do as it will always blow up in your face during the very first and subsequent argument. If hubby does not want to return ( hint hint, investigate this further!!) then give up. Just because YOU know your right does not mean the others are wrong.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyo
For an action that extreme there HAS to have been something that happened. This is a plot out of a soap here and I already have my suspicions!!
Never force someone to do something they do not want to do as it will always blow up in your face during the very first and subsequent argument. If hubby does not want to return ( hint hint, investigate this further!!) then give up. Just because YOU know your right does not mean the others are wrong.
i hope your not suggesting my hubby had done something (hint hint) that made her kick us out??
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

i hope your not suggesting my hubby had done something (hint hint) that made her kick us out??
I was actually hinting, quite badly I suppose, that maybe the 'bad feeling' from the previous stay was just an excuse as he just likes it where he is and is very happy to stay in UK.

But.......now you mention it.............
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think to lighten the mood, we should have a guessing contest to see why you were kicked out.

I reckon she came home and discovered that you had bent all her knives and forks, cut the gussetts out of her panties and put drawing pins in the front of her bras and blocked the toilet up with elephant faeces.

And you ate her dog.
No, caught hubby peeing in the kitchen sink I reckon.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

I,m glad you all find this funny!!!
I was hoping to get some advice and help off here, but that has just really upset me.

This is my life and my familys life i,m trying to sort out. I hope none of you ever have to go through what we did, ever.

Thanks for all your so called help, this has just put me right back down again.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: deleted as the OP is getting upset.

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Mar 9th 2011 at 1:59 am. Reason: deleted as the OP is getting upset.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you have had a rough time.
But why did you go home? oops re-read your post you lasted 6 weeks.
Why did you go home after only 6wks?

Yes we have a right bunch of jokers on here. But to be honest its very odd and something big must have happened for your friend to resort to throwing your belonging in the street.

You buckled under the first obstacle, you didnt really get on your feet and give it a go. As a family you need to make your own way in the world, plan how you would fund your first few months, what accommodation your going to use.

Always, always have a back up plan.
Sit down make a list of how a new trip would work and how you would do it.
Then maybe he may change his mind.

Good luck

Gems

Last edited by Gems; Mar 9th 2011 at 2:39 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.