Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP, Visa validation advice.

HELP, Visa validation advice.

Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:53 pm
stevenpoole9

Default HELP, Visa validation advice.

We have been granted our permenant residency visas but due to the house sale falling through 3 times!!!! we are having to validate our visas by 2nd February 2006. The flights and accomodation etc are all booked but we've hit a snag. My 6 year old son's passport expires on 15th May 2006 :scared:

I am srtuggling to find out the procedure for him entering the country, do I get another passport and take both?
Do I get the High Commision to put a new visa sticker in his new passport?
Do I have a nervous breakdown?

ANY help would be appreciated, but no " I'm not sure what the procedure is, but good luck" posts please. Cheers, Steve.

Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP, Visa validation advice.

Hr should apply for a new passport and carry both. Once you settle in Australia you can apply for the visa to be transferred to his new passport at the DIMIA. This cannot be done outside Australia.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:01 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
We have been granted our permenant residency visas but due to the house sale falling through 3 times!!!! we are having to validate our visas by 2nd February 2006. The flights and accomodation etc are all booked but we've hit a snag. My 6 year old son's passport expires on 15th May 2006 :scared:

I am srtuggling to find out the procedure for him entering the country, do I get another passport and take both?
Do I get the High Commision to put a new visa sticker in his new passport?
Do I have a nervous breakdown?

ANY help would be appreciated, but no " I'm not sure what the procedure is, but good luck" posts please. Cheers, Steve.
Hi there

We had the same problem. We have to be in Oz by the 16th March, 2006 but all 3 of our boys passports ran out a few weeks later. I asked for advice on the forum because I was nearing a nervous breakdown :scared: . We are planning to fly with Singapore airways and they insist on having 6 months validity on your passport even if you are flying through. So we now have 3 new passports and will carry the old ones with us as they have the visas in them.

HTH Jayne
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:10 pm
stevenpoole9

Hi Andy and Jayne, thanks for that at least we know there will be no problems with the passport now. My only other querey is which passport do I get stamped? The one with the visa in it, the new one that he'll be using for the next few years, or both ? We are flying with Singapore Airlines too. I'll let you know how we get on. Cheers, Steve.

Last edited by stevenpoole9; Dec 1st 2005 at 5:18 pm.