Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - Is there a Visa for me ???

HELP - Is there a Visa for me ???

Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Liverpool Suzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP - Is there a Visa for me ???

Can anyone pls help me with some advice ? Ive just been on holiday to Australia. My father has lived there for over 30 years and was made an Australian Citizen many years ago. I would now like to have an extended stay for at least 6 months, to try life down under but cannot seem to find a visa that will allow me to do this. The choices seem to be....

Temporary work visa - dont qualify for this because its only for 18-30's and Im 37 !
Sponsorship visa, with father sponsoring me - dont qualify for this either as it seems I would not be allowed to work, to finance my stay.
Professional qualification - dont qualify for this either as Im only a part-qualified accountant, not fully qualified.

Thought my father being a citizen would get me in - but apparently not !!!

Can anyone give me advice ??

p.s. If I were to be sponsored for 2 years, and manage without working, could I then be made a citizen and be allowed to work after the 2 years ????
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:58 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - Is there a Visa for me ???

Originally Posted by Liverpool Suzie
Can anyone pls help me with some advice ? Ive just been on holiday to Australia. My father has lived there for over 30 years and was made an Australian Citizen many years ago. I would now like to have an extended stay for at least 6 months, to try life down under but cannot seem to find a visa that will allow me to do this. The choices seem to be....

Temporary work visa - dont qualify for this because its only for 18-30's and Im 37 !
Sponsorship visa, with father sponsoring me - dont qualify for this either as it seems I would not be allowed to work, to finance my stay.
Professional qualification - dont qualify for this either as Im only a part-qualified accountant, not fully qualified.

Thought my father being a citizen would get me in - but apparently not !!!

Can anyone give me advice ??

p.s. If I were to be sponsored for 2 years, and manage without working, could I then be made a citizen and be allowed to work after the 2 years ????
Hi Suzie,
You would be better off putting this on the Immigration forum as there are a few agents on there who may be able to help you.
Welcome to BE BTW
And good luck!
Julie.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi Suzie,
You would be better off putting this on the Immigration forum as there are a few agents on there who may be able to help you.
Welcome to BE BTW
And good luck!
Julie.

OK THANX - but as Im new to this, I dont know how to do this, can you point me in the right direction pls - sorry to be such a dimwit !!!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:34 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

OK THANX - but as Im new to this, I dont know how to do this, can you point me in the right direction pls - sorry to be such a dimwit !!!!
No probs!
On the forum page scroll down until you come to "Australia & New Zealand Immigration" forum.
Just type this same letter in there instead.
Julie.
P.S. Anything else, just ask.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
No probs!
On the forum page scroll down until you come to "Australia & New Zealand Immigration" forum.
Just type this same letter in there instead.
Julie.
P.S. Anything else, just ask.

Thanx a million !!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:39 pm
Chocoholic

Thanx a million !!!
You're very welcome
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Suzie

Jeremy (JAJ) is very helpful when it comes to visas etc. I am sure he will reply to your thread but if not, try sending him a PM,

Good luck
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi Suzie

Jeremy (JAJ) is very helpful when it comes to visas etc. I am sure he will reply to your thread but if not, try sending him a PM,

Good luck

Thanks ! I havent had any replies yet on the immigration forum, so can you tell me how I contact Jeremy pls ?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks ! I havent had any replies yet on the immigration forum, so can you tell me how I contact Jeremy pls ?
I have sent you a personal message
Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I have sent you a personal message

Got it, thanks for your help !