Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help renewing Child UK passport in Oz

Help renewing Child UK passport in Oz

Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:20 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help renewing Child UK passport in Oz

Ok my sons passport runs out in March.....we havent been in Oz for 2 years until July 2006.....so how do we get his photo evidenced if nobody here has known us for 2 years??
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:16 am

Default Re: Help renewing Child UK passport in Oz

anybody know ?????
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Ok my sons passport runs out in March.....we havent been in Oz for 2 years until July 2006.....so how do we get his photo evidenced if nobody here has known us for 2 years??

You may have to send it back to the UK and get someone here to sign the photo's etc, they could then send in the application for you.

Or just wait until July and do it then, providing you don't need to leave Oz before then for a holiday or whatever.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by WendyC
You may have to send it back to the UK and get someone here to sign the photo's etc, they could then send in the application for you.

Or just wait until July and do it then, providing you don't need to leave Oz before then for a holiday or whatever.

Yeah had thot of doing thats...but its just a pain in the arse...sneding it to UK and then them sendin back to Oz....what annoys me is...he has a passport already but I still need to send birth cert and all that shite with it...what a load of bollox....A JP in this country should be able to sign the bloody thing and say that the pics r a true likeness....grr bloody passports lol
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah had thot of doing thats...but its just a pain in the arse...sneding it to UK and then them sendin back to Oz....what annoys me is...he has a passport already but I still need to send birth cert and all that shite with it...what a load of bollox....A JP in this country should be able to sign the bloody thing and say that the pics r a true likeness....grr bloody passports lol
I thought you only needed to get the photos signed for a first passport, for a renewal you should be able to send the old one and some new photos and the passport office will verify the likeness, unless his old one has baby pictures in it then I can see the problem?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Someone did ask this question a few days ago, if I find it I'll post the link cos they got an answer from someone, but I can't remember what it was
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I thought you only needed to get the photos signed for a first passport, for a renewal you should be able to send the old one and some new photos and the passport office will verify the likeness, unless his old one has baby pictures in it then I can see the problem?

You can only do that from the UK, in OZ you have to have them verified. (I'm sure someone said that anyway )

Will try to find it
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by WendyC
Someone did ask this question a few days ago, if I find it I'll post the link cos they got an answer from someone, but I can't remember what it was
thanx
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:29 am

i thought that too...but according to the form I need to do it
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Yes pay attention you dozy cow
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
Did you post in rachel's login again fraser
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:36 am

and which dozy cow r we referring to
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:40 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

and which dozy cow r we referring to
Any of you
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:48 am

Any of you

watch it ya baaasssttttaaarrrddd
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

watch it ya baaasssttttaaarrrddd

Found it, it's not that helpful though.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357054

See JAJ's post at the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.