Originally Posted by WendyC
Found it, it's not that helpful though.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357054

See JAJ's post at the end
ta mate just goin for a look
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:04 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help renewing Child UK passport in Oz

Forge it, no, even better, I'll get him a new one in Singers in a few weeks if you like.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:05 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Forge it.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Forge it, no, even better, I'll get him a new one in Singers in a few weeks if you like.
thanks mate will keep that in mind lol...now get packin FFS!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
Yeah had thot of doing thats...but its just a pain in the arse...sneding it to UK and then them sendin back to Oz....what annoys me is...he has a passport already but I still need to send birth cert and all that shite with it...what a load of bollox....A JP in this country should be able to sign the bloody thing and say that the pics r a true likeness....grr bloody passports lol

Hi - are you sure you need to send birth certificate? We have just sent an application for renewal for our daughter and all we sent was the application form, fee sheet & fee, 2 photos and the old passport.

We have been here 2 years so can't help you with the photo endorsement question.

Julie
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Macquarie
Hi - are you sure you need to send birth certificate? We have just sent an application for renewal for our daughter and all we sent was the application form, fee sheet & fee, 2 photos and the old passport.

We have been here 2 years so can't help you with the photo endorsement question.

Julie
It doesnt say ii u r renewing that you dont need to send in the BC so I am just assuming that u need to, although if they already have the info I shouldnt need to lol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by biggy
Ok my sons passport runs out in March.....we havent been in Oz for 2 years until July 2006.....so how do we get his photo evidenced if nobody here has known us for 2 years??
Hi! we had only been here 12 months when my sons was up for renewal, i rang up and they said there was no problem if we didnt know any one over here for the set period of time. Just get someone you have known here that can compare the likeness to sign it. I got a JP to sign it(didnt really know him either) and it was all accepted and a renewal was issued. Need to keep the old one with the new one if travelling out of Oz if have permanent residency visa stamp in original as they dont transfer it across to the new one unless you want to pay even more money.
Hope this helps....honestly it all went smoothly
Maggie
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Same with us as Brasso. We hadn't been here when my daughter's passport came up for renewal. We had it signed by the Principal at the school and it was accepted no problem. I think it's something they are used to at the passport office. As long as it is signed by someone official then they accept it.

Rudi
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:47 am

thanks for the replies guys....I got it signed by someone who has known us for three years...our agent lol didnt think of him....so its away and hope all will be well
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brasso
Need to keep the old one with the new one if travelling out of Oz if have permanent residency visa stamp in original as they dont transfer it across to the new one unless you want to pay even more money.

It's free to transfer a visa stamp from one passport to another (unless it's a Resident Return Visa).

The AHC London won't do this - barring extreme circumstances - but it's normally straightforward at a DIMA office in Australia.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I had the same problem and ended up sending the photos and form back for my mate to sign in the Uk. You definitely need to do this.

The price is crazy too over a $100 for each child's passport when we already paid for the full 5 yrs in the UK!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Originally Posted by tinaj
I had the same problem and ended up sending the photos and form back for my mate to sign in the Uk. You definitely need to do this.

The price is crazy too over a $100 for each child's passport when we already paid for the full 5 yrs in the UK!
Hi how much does it cost to renew your passports in oz
our,s run out in feb so do we do it over hear first then get the visa transfered when we get there
cheers task
Old Mar 5th 2006, 12:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by task
Hi how much does it cost to renew your passports in oz
our,s run out in feb so do we do it over hear first then get the visa transfered when we get there
Take a look at http://bhc.britaus.net and compare to http://www.passports.gov.uk

Be aware that the AHC London don't normally restamp visas, so if you have visa in an old passport then leave plenty of time for check-in as some airline staff may refuse to allow you to check-in until they have got clearance from DIMA in Australia.

Also be aware that some countries en-route to Australia refuse to accept passports with less than 6 months validity.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Take a look at http://bhc.britaus.net and compare to http://www.passports.gov.uk

Be aware that the AHC London don't normally restamp visas, so if you have visa in an old passport then leave plenty of time for check-in as some airline staff may refuse to allow you to check-in until they have got clearance from DIMA in Australia.

Also be aware that some countries en-route to Australia refuse to accept passports with less than 6 months validity.
Cheers for the info
Task
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi i have a 5 month old baby and we have just had his passport come back. We wont be going until april 07 and his photo will probably be dated by then will i have to change it again or doesn't it matter with a child's picture.

Stacey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.