HELP PLEASE!

Old Feb 24th 2008, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

vigs is on a distinguished road
Default HELP PLEASE!

Hi all,
Just discovered this site. I really need to suck in all the advice I can get.
Husband just got a job in the Hunter region of Newcastle! I am trying to find out as much as I can before packing any bags.

What areas to look at in terms of accommodation and where to avoid.

What are the schools like out there - where to put my two children aged 6 and 7 years old (would appreciate advice on both public and private schools).

How feasible is it to buy a house out there and how long before one can get a mortgage?

At the moment I am front of house staff at an airport. Would be looking for a job in customer service. How easy is it to find a job for me.

Thank you!:
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!

Sorry can't be of any help, but welcome to the site and good luck with everything. Someone will be along soon with a wealth of information.

Good Luck,

Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:27 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vigs , use the search facility & have a look round .... also wait for the Down Under lot to get up & am sure they will help all they can .

good luck
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hello and welcome
You could start by having a look at
www.realestate.com.au
www.seek.com.au
Good luck
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Try this aswell
www.newcastleapartments.com.au
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

This too
www.newcastle.com.au
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:29 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

And these:-

www.careerone.com.au

www.domain.com.au

www.jobs.nsw.gov.au

Good Luck.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vigs
Hi all,
Just discovered this site. I really need to suck in all the advice I can get.
Husband just got a job in the Hunter region of Newcastle! I am trying to find out as much as I can before packing any bags.

What areas to look at in terms of accommodation and where to avoid.

What are the schools like out there - where to put my two children aged 6 and 7 years old (would appreciate advice on both public and private schools).

How feasible is it to buy a house out there and how long before one can get a mortgage?

At the moment I am front of house staff at an airport. Would be looking for a job in customer service. How easy is it to find a job for me.

Thank you!:
Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hello and welcome
You could start by having a look at
www.realestate.com.au
www.seek.com.au
Good luck
Hi, welcome to the forum,

Can't really answer your questions but just wanted to say that we were in the hunter region in may last year and it really is a nice area

The 2 websites that grahampaula listed are very good and you should definately try them for houses and jobs

Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:28 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Just be very aware that there is a lot of mining activity there - check out the subsidence issues and liability from the mining companies.

Welcome!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Thanks a million for your advice. I will certainly be looking at the websites listed.. Have a great day.
Vigs