Help please

Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

shol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please

Hi
just logged on to ask for some advice and see theres a few asking for help tonite.We dont know what to do.We got TRA in March,going sponsored route,and my cousin in Brissy is really dragging his heels.He is a really nice guy,but he just doesnt seem to understand the urgency.I know he's busy,and he's doing us a big favour,but he needs a rocket up his ar**,but I really dont want to piss him off.Any ideas guys?Our agent says it doesnt look too good,that we're taking so long to send our visa app. in.
Thanks

Steve and Carol
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

How well do you know this bloke......

Or I might be inclined to ring him up and say that immigration maybe considering changing the point system again and you have to have your application in asap.(give him a bit of bull s**t)
See what he says
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:48 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The main reason he will be dragging his heels is the financial risk to him and his family in sponsoring you.

Send him proof you have got plenty of money to support yourself and his attitude will change.

If you can't, I don't blame him for being reluctant.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sj,thought I was being blanked then!
Know him well really,he stayed with my mum when he was travelling a few years ago,and as hes the same age as me I took him out clubbing etc in London.We got on well although we lost touch a bit the last 5 years or so.When I spoke to him about us going over he was genuinel pleased.He's got his own business plus a wife and 2 kids now so I know hes busy,its just getting me down a bit.We need to go soon cos of our kids schooling.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Without being rude, he might think that this is gonna cost him a fortune.

have you advised him about the bond money at all
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:54 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Just send in the application and get it lodged. You will be in on the current points system in operation at that time then. If you have any docs missing then they will ask for them...and you will then have some time in which to communicate with your so called cousin about the ways of the DIMIA and how important it is to you that you get that visa and of course what a vital and potentially fatal or successful role he plays in that drama.

And boy!! Is it a drama!! ...

"Infamy!..Infamy!...They've all got it 'in for me'!!"
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Fair point but he knows we're ok financially.We wont be selling to go
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:01 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

My brother-in-law has been exactly the same...he just seems to think that it's not that important to us and then again he's also concerned about the commitment.

Lots of reassurance, gentle persuasion and communication and things will seem better because you have established a regular and familiar dialogue.

It makes a world of difference when this happens...
better go and call him now...it's been 10 days...and we expecting him to have to lodge the assurers bond any day....

keep him sweet...second thoughts I'll get the wifey to call him...!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:04 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please

Originally posted by shol
Hi
just logged on to ask for some advice and see theres a few asking for help tonite.We dont know what to do.We got TRA in March,going sponsored route,and my cousin in Brissy is really dragging his heels.He is a really nice guy,but he just doesnt seem to understand the urgency.I know he's busy,and he's doing us a big favour,but he needs a rocket up his ar**,but I really dont want to piss him off.Any ideas guys?Our agent says it doesnt look too good,that we're taking so long to send our visa app. in.
Thanks

Steve and Carol
Hi Steve and Carol

We are in a very similar situation, we are awaiting TRA Approval our 3 months will be up on 7.8.04, Hubby will be 45 Aug 21st. We have to have our visa app in before 21.08.04 otherwise no go.

My cousin is sponsoring and assuring us, we need everything back from her before 7.8.04. Unfortunately she cannot find her Birth certificate, has not got a Citizenship cert, you need your Birth Cert to get that, She hasn't got a valid passport, and I also need her fathers Birth Certificate to prove blood line, she hasn't got that either. I am in the process of getting her fathers Birth cert ordered. I am getting really panicky because she says its the year end and she will have to be working flat out for the next 6 weeks. (She runs her own business). I really can't pressure her too much. I really do appreciate that she has agreed to do this for us. But it is really frustrating.

I know exactly how you are feeling, Our future is in so many other peoples hands.

Because of our age's this is the only route we can take.

Hope it all works out for you.

I don't understand the agent bit, have you a deadline to reach as well.

Regards

Julia
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Julia
No,we dont have a deadline as such,only our own personal circumstances ie kids education.
Hope your situation works out ok,frustrating aint it.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:36 pm
Carramar Perth

Hi Julia
No,we dont have a deadline as such,only our own personal circumstances ie kids education.
Hope your situation works out ok,frustrating aint it.

Yeah

Fingers crossed for us all

I might send a nice e mail to my cousin about our financial circumstances, It hadn't really occurred to me that she might be worrying about the responsibility.

I did tell her over the phone that there would be nothing to worry about, but maybe a rundown of finances might help.

Cheers

Julia
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Julia
to get family birth certs,have you got the Southport no.I did mine on credit card,I got them in post in less than 2 weeks

Steve
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:40 pm
Carramar Perth

Hi Julia
to get family birth certs,have you got the Southport no.I did mine on credit card,I got them in post in less than 2 weeks

Steve
Hi Steve

I had to get on to the Registry office in Southern Ireland to get uncle's Birth cert.

What a nightmare. I then had to write all the details and send Euro's over and was told to wait 2 weeks. It is now 2 weeks so I am going to have to ring them on Monday if I haven't heard anything.

Regards

Julia.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 11:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please

Is your cousin your sponsor or assurer?

First cousins can't *sponsor* unless they live in a designated area and have done so for at least 12 months. Brisbane is not designated (check his postcode against the list for Queensland). They can however act as assurers.

Jeremy

Hi
Thanks

Steve and Carol
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:01 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

If your having problems getting a certified copy of your birth certificate then try ordering it online. I did this for mine when I lost it just before lodging our application. It can in a few days..depending upon which service you chose.

Here are a couple of links that you can do it on...

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ce...te/index.asp#0

http://www.ukcertificates.com/index.php

Good luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.