Reload this Page >

help needed u lot out there

help needed u lot out there

Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

wastonyy is on a distinguished road
Default help needed u lot out there

Hi everybody,
Not been on for along time,been in sydney for twelve months but now my company have ask me to move to brisbane,anyware south brisbane ,east,west,gold coast upwards.been looking at the threads but still confused about were to go,got to think of the kids moving them again,so i want to make the right choice a place were the kids can play out again,where we lived in sydney they did not play out so it was very hard for the kids after school,looking for a safe place with other kids like mine,kids ages 11,13,17 all girls,but 17 year does not play out,shes happy in the bedroom blasting music out,we are up here this week to try and find a place to live,anyone got any good suburbs for kids.
manny thanks,
Tony,Sheryl
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:36 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: help needed u lot out there

Originally Posted by wastonyy
Hi everybody,
Not been on for along time,been in sydney for twelve months but now my company have ask me to move to brisbane,anyware south brisbane ,east,west,gold coast upwards.been looking at the threads but still confused about were to go,got to think of the kids moving them again,so i want to make the right choice a place were the kids can play out again,where we lived in sydney they did not play out so it was very hard for the kids after school,looking for a safe place with other kids like mine,kids ages 11,13,17 all girls,but 17 year does not play out,shes happy in the bedroom blasting music out,we are up here this week to try and find a place to live,anyone got any good suburbs for kids.
manny thanks,
Tony,Sheryl
Hi there - If you can let me know where in Brisbane will you be working, and what sort of schooling do you want for the kids I can give you pointers from my own experience.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ridds
Hi there - If you can let me know where in Brisbane will you be working, and what sort of schooling do you want for the kids I can give you pointers from my own experience.
Hi ridds,how r u thanks for the reply,i will work all over brisbane,as i am a service engineer,but most of my customers are south of the river,state schooling,any help whould be great,thanks,Tony
Old Aug 21st 2006, 2:20 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Hi ridds,how r u thanks for the reply,i will work all over brisbane,as i am a service engineer,but most of my customers are south of the river,state schooling,any help whould be great,thanks,Tony
Maybe put a post on here with Brisbane in the title – that will draw out all the Brisbanites on the site!

As your first port of call, check out OurBrisbane – loads of info on all the suburbs, links to schools etc. The "find a suburb" tool is very good. You will also find information on schools on the Dept of Education website and on Brisbane City Life. Sorry I can't give you any personal experience with schools on the southside, but I'm sure there are posters on here who will help out.

There is a big expat community in Brisbane, and a lot of families migrate to the "bayside" suburbs in order to be closer to the water. These suburbs go from Capalaba out to Victoria Point, Wynnum, Manly and Wellington Point. Somewhere like Carindale is halfway from the City to the bay, and has the advantage of a large shopping mall, which may be of interest to your 17 year old!

Somewhere like Morningside is closer to the city again (still on the southside) but I personally think there is less for kids to do there than in the bayside area.

At work at the moment, so will post more on Brisbane a little later for you. Good luck!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

have u thought about the Gold Coast?
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: help needed u lot out there

Originally Posted by soapy
have u thought about the Gold Coast?
Hi soapy,yes we have been looking at gold coast,found a nice place called pacific pines so can u tell me about that area,i think u live in that area if i remember right,r the schools good,weve been again today but we have to be back in sydney on saturday morining,we need to be in queensland for the begining of october,and we have looked for rentals but there r not that many,if u have any info for us it whould be very helpfull,cheers tony,sheryl
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Don't know if this will help, but our local paper have been pushing a website called www.whereilive.com.au
I haven't used it, I think you select a postcode & then you get loads of local info for that area.
Might be worth a look.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woogle
Don't know if this will help, but our local paper have been pushing a website called www.whereilive.com.au
I haven't used it, I think you select a postcode & then you get loads of local info for that area.
Might be worth a look.
Thanks i will have a look
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:40 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,
manny thanks,
Tony,Sheryl

Hi,

Not sure about the rest of south Brisbane. Been here in Manly West for about 3 months now. Have two kids, 8 and 5 years. House prices in Manly are a bit more than the likes of Manly West/Wynnum/Lota but can access the waterfront nevertheless. Trains into city from Manly takes about 35mins. There's the waterfront where you can walk/run/cycle etc. Play parks for the kids. Good local state primary and secondary schools as well as a splash of private ones also. Manly itself has a few restraunts/drinking places. Local post office butcher bottle shop etc. Wynnum has a shopping plazza and town centre. If there's anything specific feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Not sure about the rest of south Brisbane. Been here in Manly West for about 3 months now. Have two kids, 8 and 5 years. House prices in Manly are a bit more than the likes of Manly West/Wynnum/Lota but can access the waterfront nevertheless. Trains into city from Manly takes about 35mins. There's the waterfront where you can walk/run/cycle etc. Play parks for the kids. Good local state primary and secondary schools as well as a splash of private ones also. Manly itself has a few restraunts/drinking places. Local post office butcher bottle shop etc. Wynnum has a shopping plazza and town centre. If there's anything specific feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks very much for the info
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the info
Blimey, you don't want to be heading to Pac Pines - you'll have Soapy and other strange people as neighbours :scared:
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey, you don't want to be heading to Pac Pines - you'll have Soapy and other strange people as neighbours :scared:
Hi,ive thourght of this but its a big estate,only joking,more the merryer,mite even get to go for a drink in a local if there is one.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi soapy,yes we have been looking at gold coast,found a nice place called pacific pines so can u tell me about that area,i think u live in that area if i remember right,r the schools good,weve been again today but we have to be back in sydney on saturday morining,we need to be in queensland for the begining of october,and we have looked for rentals but there r not that many,if u have any info for us it whould be very helpfull,cheers tony,sheryl
the area is great. theres plenty of rentals in the area, just do a search on the net.
i have a few friends whos kids go to the local school and the kids love it,parents all seem to be happy.
this place is growing fast. they still have another 4000 houses to build in the area and i know they are extending the shopping centre soon.
the area is very safe and we have never seen any trouble. i would write more, but im just about to go out to work. if u want any other info, send me a PM

soapy
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: help needed u lot out there

Originally Posted by soapy
the area is great. theres plenty of rentals in the area, just do a search on the net.
i have a few friends whos kids go to the local school and the kids love it,parents all seem to be happy.
this place is growing fast. they still have another 4000 houses to build in the area and i know they are extending the shopping centre soon.
the area is very safe and we have never seen any trouble. i would write more, but im just about to go out to work. if u want any other info, send me a PM

soapy
Hi Soapy,
Thanks i will pm u when i get chance theres alot to do now,just like to say to everbody thanks for all ur info again,