Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House contents insurance - any advice?

House contents insurance - any advice?

Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:38 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default House contents insurance - any advice?

Hi, can anyone recommend any house contents insurance outfits that cover Brisbane. I understand the moment you stuff leaves the removal van the other end the shipping insurance ceases to cover you so I was keep to get something lined up....
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: House contents insurance - any advice?

I was with CGU at first and they were very good at paying out after a bike theft, new for old. However they not very good administratively and actually cancelled my policy without telling me. I then went with RACQ who were cheaper and when I move into my own home I should get a discount because I also have car and breakdown insurance with them.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:58 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

we used AAMI and were very happy with them
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by banjo
we used AAMI and were very happy with them
Same here
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
Same here
How about:

www.aami.com.au/
www.anz.com.au/aus/ind/insurance/default.asp
www.australianunity.com.au/
www.budgetdirect.com.au/

I can't recommend any through personal experience, but they are probably worth a look!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

We've gone with NRMA, because we have other policies with them (Comprehensive car and Greenslip) and you get a sizeable discount in such cases. Plus it's a pretty good policy with things like flood damage protection included as standard.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suzimc
How about:

www.aami.com.au/
www.anz.com.au/aus/ind/insurance/default.asp
www.australianunity.com.au/
www.budgetdirect.com.au/

I can't recommend any through personal experience, but they are probably worth a look!
We found anz to be about 25% higher than AAMI on building and contents and AAMI were very helpful to deal with. Only thing is they don't replace stuff accidentally damaged.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:14 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by flip
We found anz to be about 25% higher than AAMI on building and contents and AAMI were very helpful to deal with. Only thing is they don't replace stuff accidentally damaged.
thanks all - that gives me a few leads...