Help needed in the Melbourne area

Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed in the Melbourne area

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Friend of Dorothy?

Same attitude IMHO.
Bump into her regularly down the shops... which is impressive as we live 2000 miles apart on opposite sides of the continent. So no, not really friends.

"Same attitude" Same attitude to what?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Bump into her regularly down the shops... which is impressive as we live 2000 miles apart on opposite sides of the continent. So no, not really friends.

"Same attitude" Same attitude to what?
Doesn't matter as Now...I shall unsubscribe from this thread because your request does seem shady and frankly you bore me.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Doesn't matter as Now...I shall unsubscribe from this thread because your request does seem shady and frankly you bore me.
That's a shame because we will miss your insight and cutting repartee.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A shame that some have to bring a thread down with unnecessary negative comments about people. I would suggest that if you don't have actual advice for the OP you refrain from passing judgement on others who have.

OP you say some have offered support, that's excellent, however I don't understand why you can't explain on public forum the information you are requesting from people in Melbourne. I am not suggesting you name names because then we would have to close the thread, just the type of thing you want doing.

Also getting stroppy with someone who has given her honest opinion, in a fairly reasonable manner won't help either.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

I wasn't getting stroppy, I simply tend to say as I see.

OK, the verification I was after was simple enough. There are 2 gold dealers in the vicinity of one another. One buys, the other sells. The seller keeps all except the most twee items as secret listings once they are sold, so you cannot see what was sold. This would make sense if they are moving goods which are unpaid and unreturned, ergo, stolen items.

I have the one address. If I could have found the other and been able to connect them I would have had enough to get the police to enquire, and enough to make Ebay take the whole thing seriously. Obviously, for the sake of $800 odd I am unlikely to hire a hitman or fly over there to get to them. I just wanted something to hit the officialdom with.

Someone said that there were only a few disputes with the buyer of my goods. I actually have emails from several who have had the same trouble with the same buyer. One other is in close contact with me. He also has no access to ebay and is going to have debt collectors knocking on his door after money for paypal.

It doesn't seem right to me. That was why I asked, and was all I was asking. Seems that it was not the smartest thing to do but that's how it goes, I guess.

Regarding the criminal record thing.. Under the terms of HRSDC, you have to be deemed of good character. You have to be deemed to be in good standing. Many things can disqualify you from entering Canada. Maybe Dorothy does know about Canada, but if she were born there then she would not have had to go through immigration. I have. I had to get record searches done, and have had to get annual searches done while I have been here. You see, I mentioned crossing into the US because I have to on a regular basis, and that means I have to have behaved fairly well.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bobthedog
I wasn't getting stroppy, I simply tend to say as I see.

OK, the verification I was after was simple enough. There are 2 gold dealers in the vicinity of one another. One buys, the other sells. The seller keeps all except the most twee items as secret listings once they are sold, so you cannot see what was sold. This would make sense if they are moving goods which are unpaid and unreturned, ergo, stolen items.

I have the one address. If I could have found the other and been able to connect them I would have had enough to get the police to enquire, and enough to make Ebay take the whole thing seriously. Obviously, for the sake of $800 odd I am unlikely to hire a hitman or fly over there to get to them. I just wanted something to hit the officialdom with.

Someone said that there were only a few disputes with the buyer of my goods. I actually have emails from several who have had the same trouble with the same buyer. One other is in close contact with me. He also has no access to ebay and is going to have debt collectors knocking on his door after money for paypal.

It doesn't seem right to me. That was why I asked, and was all I was asking. Seems that it was not the smartest thing to do but that's how it goes, I guess.

Regarding the criminal record thing.. Under the terms of HRSDC, you have to be deemed of good character. You have to be deemed to be in good standing. Many things can disqualify you from entering Canada. Maybe Dorothy does know about Canada, but if she were born there then she would not have had to go through immigration. I have. I had to get record searches done, and have had to get annual searches done while I have been here. You see, I mentioned crossing into the US because I have to on a regular basis, and that means I have to have behaved fairly well.
All a bit late now, but if somebody is trading with private listings or private feedback then have nothing to do with them. There is almost certainly some sort of scam being perpetrated, usually shill bidding.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quickest and least complicated way to get the other fellows address, is to get someone to buy one of the cheaper items.... 10 bucks in some cases, and pay the 10 Aud postage to get it sent to Canada

You cant send packages overseas without a return address.

Plus you haven't totally burnt your money, as you have the 10 dollar item, saves involving other people on a forum. Which is bound to get messey.

best of luck with this.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

The one who bought from me is not hiding his listings. His feedback is almost 100% because he pays really fast so you leave the feedback, send the item then get hit with a claim and lose the money. By then it is too late to leave any negative feedback so he has the positive in place. The one who is selling similar items in the area hides listings after they are sold. Total exposure is very small if the items are listed short term.

It will take up to 90 days for Canada Post to search for it, but that is underway now.

I have set some other things going and will see if they cook into something. In the meantime, I lose credit rating, I lose money and I lose the jewelry. It isn`t right. That was why I asked if someone would help. Some have tried things, others have called me into question.
Not quite what I had anticipated but there you go.