Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed in the Melbourne area

Help needed in the Melbourne area

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Help needed in the Melbourne area

Hey there. I am an expat in Canada. Recently I was conned by someone on Ebay and I think I have a line on how they did it. I just need something verified and then I can proceed with it and get it sorted out.

Anyone who can help me out, could you PM me please?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help needed in the Melbourne area

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Hey there. I am an expat in Canada. Recently I was conned by someone on Ebay and I think I have a line on how they did it. I just need something verified and then I can proceed with it and get it sorted out.

Please clarify, I haven't a clue what you are talking about???? And considering nearly 80 users have viewed this and not responded, I assume they didn't either, you need to be more specific.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:58 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

As you have posted in the Australia section and you are in Canada, is there a relevance to that? As above, if you explain you may get help. Plenty of free advice (and sometimes good as well) on here.

You have asked for a PM reply...if you get one and it helps, can we all share please?

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jul 23rd 2010 at 12:21 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

I sold some things on ebay to a buyer in Melbourne, (hence the thread title) and they then started a dispute and had Paypal refund their money. You may not realise it, but the buyer has all the protection, the seller has none. After a certain amount of digging, I found this person has started and won in the region of 20 disputes since January of this year.
He has had me warned by Ebay for asking where my stuff is, since he has never sent it back. My Paypal account is useless as it is in negative balance. I have had their collection agency threaten me and I have had to warn them to send two people when they come. Paypal say it is all down to me. They say that I have to prove my side of it, while he needs do nothing. Same is true of a lot of others.
In the 7 or 8 years that I have used Paypal, I have never had any kind of problem while this person has had many. Yet Paypal say the pattern is not indicative of criminal behaviour.

I think I have found the seller account that moves all the items on again. I need something verified but can hardly do it myself because he will twig on to me. There is no risk, no danger and nothing illegal. I am just asking for help.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Ok what do you need ?

Some kind of info I guess ?

The bloke you probably need is DCM2 wont spell that one out yet.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Shot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really nice

what did you sell him ?
and did you you speak to Pay pall or was this said via email ?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

I spoke to Paypal on the phone. I have loads of emails from Ebay as you cannot speak to them, but Paypal has been largely telephone.

What they do is this, they wait a few days, then email asking where their stuff is. They repeat this a few times then lodge it with Paypal for mediation. Paypal ask you for info then they simply refund the money to the buyer without any way for the seller to stop them. Once that is done, they start chasing you.

I can PM anyone who wants to see the link to the FB group where I have most of it published. I have nothing to hide. While I did do the silly thing of sending it without tracking (not possible with small packets and experience had made us sloppy with our security, so when he asked us to keep costs down if possible we complied happily) we also did not expect it to be so easily settled against us.

We sold some old jewellry, and it wasn't a huge amount of money. It won't break the bank to lose it but I will not let it go. I emailed the buyer yesterday, first time in over a month, and he reported me to ebay so they warned me. That was the last straw because he was supposed to be on suspension.

Now it is war. I want my money back and that is that.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Shot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really niceShot81 is just really nice

you have no proof that it was sent, if you can prove that you sent it then you might have a chance until that your wasting your time, the only other thing you can do is send the emails to paypal and tell them it was requested by the user to send it via normal mail which you did....
or the other option is , ask ebay and paypal for prove that the user did not receive the package....
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Already tried those ways. Paypal say that proof of postage is not enough. I have that here in front of me. Canada Post will trace it as far as they can for me.
It isn't only the emails about the package. He told me lies. he threatened me as well.. It is all bluster on his part because he has so many disputes and would have to answer them in the end if he pushes too far. I also have the emails he sent to some others. He was really rude and abusive to them.

I have no intention of losing. If someone there can help me then they will help a lot of others. They will also give users ammunition to fight when they are caught out in similar positions. It would be doing everyone a favour in the long run.

This was how he started with someone else..
Hi t*** you have not put a valuation on the package they just faxed me a copy now send me an invoice please so I can try and sort this out but if I have to pay 500.00 then my instructions are return to sender and will want a full refund I have spoken to paypal about it and told them that I am trying to work it out without having to pay 500.00 but if I do I will just say return to sender and request me money fully refunded so if you just do me an invoice I can finish this now if not then I will not have a choice but to return as it was not completed correctly Do me an invoice and let me get the goods

The seller replied with this
sorry i am not a business i can not send you an invoice this was a personal sale and also the value was declared so please send me the message you received from the postal company because i declared the value

Then he replied with this
if I give them the paypal invoice generated it will cost me and you as the customs said they have to report to Canadian custom now I do not need this headache if I do not get something with a lower value then I am returning the item I will Australia post to return to sender and if you will not issue the refund have no choice but to report it to paypal and Ebay as it was not completed correctly on your end so whether you are a business or not you can do an invoice and just write on it scrap jewelery and a amount that will help us both ways so just generate a dummy invoice with just your name and address description and amount paid if I take the paypal one it will show over 2000.00 Australian which will cost me over 500.00 in duty and it will cost you in revenue aswell as it would have to be noted for the Canadian Customs so just do the invoice I will send it to customs now it does not go any further than them and will fix everything up

this was next
it was already declared for the original amount it was fully completed with Canada post i did it online so if it was incomplete it would have failed to complete there is nothing more i can do if i invoice you for less they will investigate and i am not getting involved with the federal government sorry that your customs caught this but there is nothing i can do, but i have no problem refunding you but it will be less approximately $100 from ebay and paypal fee's

to this
You can claim paypal and wbay feees back now refund me the full amount or I am going to take it as far as I have to as I had to wait forever because you did not do the right thing and I am going to ring paypal and ebay now telling them that you are trying to charge this money and you did the wrong thing and caused me a lot of grief money held and wasted where I could hve bought from someone else who would have done the right thing and when I return I will let customs note the true value on it to the tee so Canadian customs can see what was sent I have all the paper work to do so you have never been helpful and even when I asked about where was my parcel you were rude in your reply LAST TIME EVER FROM CANADA TOO MUCH RUDE TABLETS SPREAD THERE not a way to develop customers keep them or future ones I am calling Ebay now to tell them that you did the wrong thing and that you are very unhelpful and trying to scam me for 100.00 now refund the funds to this paypal account *********hotmail.com today and if I do not get it by today I am putting in a paypal claim and escalating and filing all forms deemed necessary sick of the wased time I have on this

Now I happen to know that he had his money back, but the seller never received anything in return. Paypal told me (on the phone) that the stuff had been sent back, but it was not a requirement that it be proved.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

try this...
eBayTrust and Safety Department
408-376-5472

Fraud Protection Program
Attn: Claims Administration Dept.
P.O. Box 188
Draper, Utah 84020

Fraud Dept Phone Number in Utah
801-545-2382

if you have enough proof of all the case's you should contact your loacal police and let them know, also let paypal and ebay know that you have spoke to the police and have evedence that this buyer has done this a number of times provide them with a police case referance number etc..

check out... for ebay..

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter...forcement.html
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

I am on the phone (on hold ) to the RCMP right now...
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

OK, so the RCMP are going to do nothing until Canada Post show that the parcel was sent through AU customs.

I have explained to the Police that they had better have my name and address on file ready for when the collectors call as real violence will be used.
Take this as a warning that Ebay and Paypal are linked and will not help. Also, that Cyber-crime units are a waste of time.

In the meantime, if anyone can help me as was requested in the beginning then I would be grateful. I will not let this go.

What are the prisons like in AU? Maybe I will come visit.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so the RCMP are going to do nothing until Canada Post show that the parcel was sent through AU customs.

I have explained to the Police that they had better have my name and address on file ready for when the collectors call as real violence will be used.
Take this as a warning that Ebay and Paypal are linked and will not help. Also, that Cyber-crime units are a waste of time.

In the meantime, if anyone can help me as was requested in the beginning then I would be grateful. I will not let this go.

With all due respect Bob, it's not Ebay or Paypal that do come calling, It's professionals working on their behalf, that work with this stuff all the time. Your dealing with 3rd parties all the way. Guess what kind of people that work usually attracts.... people that want you to put up a fight maybe.

Pity your not a Bikie, because their affiliates in Aus could have probably helped you out
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

eBay and PayPal are linked ... eBay OWN PayPal.
The reality of this situation is that you are basically screwed. There is very little chance that either eBay or PayPal will recover your goods or refund your money. Of all the eBay discussion boards the UK one is probably the best to give you some advise... http://forums.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=7 but I think you will find that you've pretty much had it.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

I have been advised to make one of them sue me. That way it is in my local court that the case would be heard. That is what I will do.
I know how they work. I have the investigation started and the website created.. We will see how it goes.

But all I was asking was for someone in the area to check something. Seems nobody will...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.