Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help needed ashes 2013-14

help needed ashes 2013-14

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

blueboy1827 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help needed ashes 2013-14

hi i have recently married and have booked a delayed honeymoon to Australia, i have booked flights and hotels but need tickets for Melbourne and Sydney tests. The trouble is that you need to travel with official Cricket Australia tour operators which organise flights hotels tickets as package at extortionate prices. you can buy tickets directly off Cricket Australia if you register with them, but you have to be living in Australia to do so. i was wondering if anyone who reads this would be kind enough to help? Or has any ideas that could help? Thanks in advance, Derek in Cumbria
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:25 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed ashes 2013-14

You can buy the tickets (when they go on sale) through Ticketek - pay by Visa and have the tickets either left for collection at the venue or posted to your hotel(s) so they are there when you arrive.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:39 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blueboy1827
hi i have recently married and have booked a delayed honeymoon to Australia, i have booked flights and hotels but need tickets for Melbourne and Sydney tests. The trouble is that you need to travel with official Cricket Australia tour operators which organise flights hotels tickets as package at extortionate prices. you can buy tickets directly off Cricket Australia if you register with them, but you have to be living in Australia to do so. i was wondering if anyone who reads this would be kind enough to help? Or has any ideas that could help? Thanks in advance, Derek in Cumbria
you will not struggle to get tickets on general sale unless you are hell bent on going to Day 1 of the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Australians are glory supporters in cricket. Days 3, 4 and 5 of the Gabba last time around was only about 10,000 attendance and I swear that 80% of that were English. Same went for the SCG test. Watch it on youtube, you will see that the majority of the support was English.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

You only have to supply those d!cks at CA an Aussie address and you are signed up. They don't actually send you anything by snail mail anyway, so just choose a random address off the net and use that. When you buy the tiks online when they go on pre-sale to CA members you will be able to choose to print them off yourself anyway.

I would strongly suggest that you jump on to the Barmy Army forum to find out where they will be sat before booking though. If you want a really good laugh sit with them, if you want to sit around whingers who are pissed off their heads by 10am, draped in the Southern Cross and singing "Aussie aussie aussie" then sit anywhere else

My five days sat with the BA at the Gabba last time around was one of the best and most fun five days of my life!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
<snip>I would strongly suggest that you jump on to the Barmy Army forum to find out where they will be sat before booking though. If you want a really good laugh sit with them, if you want to sit around whingers who are pissed off their heads by 10am, draped in the Southern Cross and singing "Aussie aussie aussie" then sit anywhere else<snip>
This man, he speak the truth.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

you will not struggle to get tickets on general sale unless you are hell bent on going to Day 1 of the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Australians are glory supporters in cricket. Days 3, 4 and 5 of the Gabba last time around was only about 10,000 attendance and I swear that 80% of that were English. Same went for the SCG test. Watch it on youtube, you will see that the majority of the support was English.
.... and day 1 and 2 in Sydney might be a struggle too. That said they will have a new stand for the members so you can buy yourself a gold membership for about $10000 a pop. There should be plenty of tickets. Australia are hitting rock bottom right now and the Aussie public won't turn up to watch that.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
This man, he speak the truth.
He sure does, they were a fantastic few days, thoroughly enjoyed myself
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

A honeymoon spent watching cricket - can there be anything more romantic?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:55 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
A honeymoon spent watching cricket - can there be anything more romantic?
Playing would be better ...
Old May 20th 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

hi anyone on here able to help me on this? cheers
Old May 20th 2013, 7:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hi anyone on here able to help me on this? cheers
Trouble is that we usually only get a limited amount of tickets per person so if someone helps you out, they have less tickets themselves. Also, being brutally hinest, your only contribution to BE is to ask for someone to buy tickets for you - that requires a lot of trust.......
Old May 20th 2013, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

didnt think of that i wonder what the allocation is per household? i couldnt agree more with what you say about trust etc i know its a big ask, i would contribute a bit mre to the forum if i had anything to contribute but as i am only going to be visiting for 3-4 weeks so my opinion probably doesnt count for much lol. if anyone wants links to my facebook or twitter account to prove my identity etc i can provide them in a private message if that helps cheers derek
Old May 21st 2013, 2:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

didnt think of that i wonder what the allocation is per household? i couldnt agree more with what you say about trust etc i know its a big ask, i would contribute a bit mre to the forum if i had anything to contribute but as i am only going to be visiting for 3-4 weeks so my opinion probably doesnt count for much lol. if anyone wants links to my facebook or twitter account to prove my identity etc i can provide them in a private message if that helps cheers derek
Did you read the posts above? You don't need a 'real' address in Australia and you can buy the tickets online and have them delivered to your hotel.

If you keep asking for someone to give you an address when you don't need one, people will get really suspicious!
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You only have to supply those d!cks at CA an Aussie address and you are signed up. They don't actually send you anything by snail mail anyway, so just choose a random address off the net and use that. When you buy the tiks online when they go on pre-sale to CA members you will be able to choose to print them off yourself anyway.

I would strongly suggest that you jump on to the Barmy Army forum to find out where they will be sat before booking though. If you want a really good laugh sit with them, if you want to sit around whingers who are pissed off their heads by 10am, draped in the Southern Cross and singing "Aussie aussie aussie" then sit anywhere else

My five days sat with the BA at the Gabba last time around was one of the best and most fun five days of my life!
Whingers? Hmm, like cricket itself, football, tennis and badminton etc; things invented in Britain for the world to eventually do better. Union Jack draped drunks singing Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army ...... are of course a cut above those colonials.

Edited to add: sorry, it's not Union Jacks it's St Georges.

Last edited by OzTennis; May 23rd 2013 at 10:25 am.
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Whingers? Hmm, like cricket itself, football, tennis and badminton etc; things invented in Britain for the world to eventually do better. Union Jack draped drunks singing Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army ...... are of course a cut above those colonials.

Edited to add: sorry, it's not Union Jacks it's St Georges.
I love the chanting and singing at inter-country sporting events and am an enthusiastic supporter of Aussie Aussie Aussie. Drunk and obnoxious 'supporters' from anywhere give me the pip.

<spouse of scouse wanders off with a confused look on her face, wondering if she should sing the Star Spangled Banner at the next cricket match>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.