Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with my husbands job??!!

Help with my husbands job??!!

Old Feb 13th 2004, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default Help with my husbands job??!!

MY family and i are thinking (seriously) about emigrating to Australia, preferably Perth. I am a registered nurse so i think i should be ok but my husband is a Prison Officer which is not listed on the skilled occupation list. Does anyone know of any prisons in the Perth area and if so what would be the likelihood of him getting a job?? Unfortunately, my husband is against the move if no likelihood of him be able to continue in the Prison Service.

Thanks, Mo
Old Feb 13th 2004, 7:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with my husbands job??!!

Originally posted by mo33
MY family and i are thinking (seriously) about emigrating to Australia, preferably Perth. I am a registered nurse so i think i should be ok but my husband is a Prison Officer which is not listed on the skilled occupation list. Does anyone know of any prisons in the Perth area and if so what would be the likelihood of him getting a job?? Unfortunately, my husband is against the move if no likelihood of him be able to continue in the Prison Service.

Thanks, Mo
Mo,
Not much call for prison in Perth as they let the criminals roam the streets. I suppose hubby could insist on being locked up so he is still in the service of the prison

To be serious I have no idea of the answer but hope someone can advise you.
Try posting this thread on the OZ immigration forum as well and also put "prison" in the search field toward top right of this page. You never know it may throw up something.
Good luck and welcome to the madhouse.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 7:11 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Thanks, Mo
Hi Have sent you a pm, Jenny
Old Feb 13th 2004, 7:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Thanks, Mo
Hi Mo,

Yes there is a prison of such in Perth as my cousins father works there although I'm not sure what category etc. I have his email address and drop him a line for you and seen what he has to say about prospects etc. I know he enjoys his job as we met him a few times when we were there last year.

We are also hoping to move to Perth so good luck.

I can't promise anything but you never know............

Give me a few days.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004......

Old Feb 13th 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Mo,

Yes there is a prison of such in Perth as my cousins father works there although I'm not sure what category etc. I have his email address and drop him a line for you and seen what he has to say about prospects etc. I know he enjoys his job as we met him a few times when we were there last year.

We are also hoping to move to Perth so good luck.

I can't promise anything but you never know............

Give me a few days.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004......
Thanks Warren, that would be great! You never know, your reply could change our lives!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:06 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Thanks Warren, that would be great! You never know, your reply could change our lives!!
But no pressure....
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Dunno about WA but here in SA I believe most if not all of the prisons are run by the company that used to be Group 4 - you know the one who was always letting the crims escape!

Anyway they are always advertising for new prison officers in the Saturday paper.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:41 am
Go Banana's !!

Thanks, Mo
hi Mo,

As promised here is the quote from my rellies email I've just received this morning from Perth about the prison service:

"The prison service is recruiting at the moment.For more information contact
Department of Justice.Post: GPO Box F317 Perth. West Aust 6001. Internet:
www.justice.wa.gov.au Phone:0892641711 8am to 5pm."

He really enjoys his job and is an ex-pat of about 30 years I think. If you use the above link he is sure they will be able to help you.

Good luck with the voyage of discovery.......I hope I go some way to change you life !!:lecture:

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004...

Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!

I hope I go some way to change you life !!:lecture:

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004...
But you hope not to meet on a professional basis eh ?